New IC40 Flow Light Red after a week

Jun 3, 2012
Hi all,
i got a new IC40 to replace and old one after 6 years! replaced and it worked no problem for 3 weeks or so. I was out of town for a week and returned to a green pool.

It had rained a lot in Houston so i added the necessary salt to 3700.

the red flow light is on and my variable pump was at 2300. i turned it up to 2600 and it worked fine. 2300 rpm is the same setting as the last ic40.

is my problem a bad flowmeter? its less than 30 days old.

thanks in advance for the community's help.

Peter

Peter,

Sounds to me like you filter is dirty... Are you sure you got rid of all the algae???

If it worked for three weeks, I doubt it is the flow switch...

If you will fill out your pool's signature, it will help us help you... What kind of filter do you have? Do you have a heater?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for the quick reply Jim.

I just cleaned the filters a month (they are about 5 years old but do not have any tears and the binding straps are still good).

but just looked at the filter pressure and it may be the problem. i'll clean filters tomorrow and hope that that solves the issue. appreciate the diagnosis.

I just got back from vacation as well and missed the heavy heavy rain here in Sugar Land. I returned to algae in my pool as well. I was watching my salt ppm on my screenlogic. it went from 3600 to 2800 to 2600 in two days. Basically the cell quit making chlorine. Maybe had same issue? My buddy had same problem here in Sugar Land.

Reactions: tpn7399
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.