New house, New-to-me pool, new adventure!

Been there! The trick is to watch it. Sorry.

If you drain too much then the pressure from the groundwater outside of the pool can cause the liner to float. If you don't drain enough, and water gets too high above the "bead" (where the liner goes into the coping), and the groundwater recedes, sometimes water can seep behind the liner although that is more rare. Remember how I had you add water to the skimmer as you drained off the cover when you first started out? Same principle re: hydrostatic pressure.

Don't drain too much below mid-skimmer. I hope it is not lightning out. Been there too....

I will be on-line for a bit so keep in touch if you have any questions.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you can put your submersible pump on the deck to draw water away from the pool. I THINK you have a submersible, but I could have a faulty memory.

I do and I was using it because there is a low spot where the concrete has sunk ever so slightly next to the rear garage entry door... It tends to pool (pun intended!) there.

This rain is very stressful... For reasons outside of the pool, but I am keeping an eye on it closely. It's going to be a loooooong night. As I type this out now, the inlet to the skimmer is only visible about an inch again.

With all respect and prayers for those affected by this system in Louisiana... We officially broke the record for a single day of rainfall in our recorded history coming in at just shy of 6.75".

Had to do a drain a third time and turned it off about an inch above halfway above skimmer, rain has all but stopped completely, with another small system passing through. I think I'm going to call it a night! Whew! Welcome to pool ownership!

That is a LOT of rain! OUCH!

I wonder how hard it would be do add an overflow hose/tube? It would involve digging (yuck) but it might be worth it in the long run (says the one that STILL has not added one to hers :rolleyes: LOL)

Glad the system is gone. Nasty stuff for sure!

:kim:

Hey, bic, don't feel bad...I got five of those inches of rain Sat...right before I was supposed to drain the pool Sunday for the lner change Tuesday. Due to groundwater, also have a sump under deep end that I had to pump out. Then Mnday night hit again and put another collected 2 feet in deep end hopper, and under liner as well as I couldn't drain sump with pool empty because I couldn't get prime.

Took the liner guys a few hours to dewater for the liner change ;)

Glad your through it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.