New House came with a neglected pool - SLAM DONE!

Thank you! Just an update about the Hayward Canister with the mesh bag. It has done a great job at getting the fine sand like stuff and the sludge out of the bottom without making me have to backwash so often. I got a good 30 mins of vacuuming with it on as compared to 5-10 mins without. Sometimes I could just empty the cansister and start over without backwashing. That is a huge improvement. The pool is all vacuumed and clean now! My kids have been swimming in it, despite the water being around 70 degrees. I did soak my toes in the water some today too! Now as a reward, I need an automatic pool cleaner!

Yikes! Yes that looks so very similar! What a vast difference now!

Here are the comparison shots: I did order a new pool cleaner, should come today and we are still working on why we have to keep adding water, but the kids and my husband have enjoyed swimming! I'm waiting till the water temps are a little higher, but we are close. I found myself patiently listening to a friends Mom today tell me all about how wonderful Leslie's Pool Store is and how spending money on the expensive algaecide would be a good thing for me to do...Knowing she wouldn't listen to any other point of view, I didn't bother sharing what I've learned here. :D

Starting:

Mid-Way:

Now:

dang ya! Nice Job! Glad to hear the leaf canister helped. It makes a night and day difference for sure.

Looks like it's been painted and the floor paint has been scrubbed off over time.

My pool looks a Little like that too in the shallow end.

are you planning on replastering?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks everyone! I am still amazed at how nice the water is now! We are pricing out the options for rehabing the pool. I have a client willing to give us 5 or so gallons of pool paint free if we want it. I'm not sure what we will end up doing yet, but for now we will get the season of swimming out of it like we wanted and decide what to do by the fall. I'm glad we didn't drain it and I am so happy with all the knowledge, help and support I gained from this forum!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.