LifeTime Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Charter Oak, California
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Purchased a new INTEX 28001E Auto Pool Cleaner. The problem with the new setup was how to connect the cleaner hose to the Hayward through wall fittings. INTEX changed how the new hose connected to the wall fittings. The new hose is a long single hose rather than the old style INTEX multi-hose setup. I had a BESTWAY adapter, but the adapter for the old hose design would not work with the new INTEX hose set up. Fortunately I found a new adapter to connect the new hose style to my Hayward thru-wall fittings on ETSY...

ADAPTER 1.5" for Hayward style SP1023 Return port-to-INTEX Vacuum 28001E or ZX300 / 3D Printed

Maybe this will help someone...

I have that bot and fully converted to 1.5" PVC. I even finished setting up the pool last night and threw the bot in. I'll take a picture of what I did to connect it to my 1.5" return and post tomorrow.

Edit: Took a look at the thingy on Etsy. It's ok but mine does not need any adapter and also has a swivel helping the hose stay detangles.

Here is my setup. The swivel makes screwing the adapter into the Hayward return super easy.

20230510_175901.jpg

Last edited:
I have that bot and fully converted to 1.5" PVC. I even finished setting up the pool last night and threw the bot in. I'll take a picture of what I did to connect it to my 1.5" return and post tomorrow.

Edit: Took a look at the thingy on Etsy. It's ok but mine does not need any adapter and also has a swivel helping the hose stay detangles.

Here is my setup. The swivel makes screwing the adapter into the Hayward return super easy.

View attachment 490654
Do you have any info on the exact parts used, by chance?

I ended up going a completely different route...

Did you know that a 1.25" hose will screw into a 1.5" hose? (They are a left hand thread.)
I cut the Intex hose off about a foot from the cleaner end and screwed it into a 1.5" vacuum hose after coating the outside of the Intex hose with RTV to act as a glue/sealant of sorts and letting it set up.
It has been working now for 2 years.

Reactions: CT-Steven
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.