New here. I have a Pentair easy touch panel that I managed to mess up the programming.

JoeJanusz

Sep 21, 2023
San Tan Valley, Az.
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Now the pool filter pump comes on on the light circuit alo g with the po filter pump. Filter pump should be on the 1st one labeled filter pump. I don't know if it is a circuit name, circuit function or what. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20230920_153227.jpg
    20230920_153227.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230920_153227.jpg
    20230920_153227.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 6
Joe,

Do you have ScreenLogic, or are you doing everything through your 3" LCD??

Did you do anything to the wiring or the cables or the relay connections?

What did you do programming wise? What were you trying to change or do?

The more you tell me the better chance that we can get your pointed in the right direction.

Thanks,

Jim R.

3" screen. Programing was not doing what I wanted it to. I have programed before and decided to erase eeprom. Which I didn't do that. All I want to do is set up a filter low speed and cleaning hi speed. The first button filter pump use to work. Some how now the 2 button which controls only the light now turns on the pump and filter pump
The second aux button is now high speed clean. I must have messed up the assigning circuit names/ assigning circuit functions? Do I need to do something with the feature circuits? My screen on my 3hp VS pump is out but has been out since I bought the home but the programs on the panel has always worked. I have watched Utube but I must be doing something wrong g
Joe

Attachments

• 20230922_123759.jpg
    20230922_123759.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230922_123458.jpg
    20230922_123458.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230922_123449.jpg
    20230922_123449.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230920_153227.jpg
    20230920_153227.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 3
You must have assigned a "pool" type circuit function to the Aux 2 button. This is actually OK if you want that button to start your high speed cleaning mode on an "egg timer."

If you have the ET user's guide, and are adept at reading Pentairian (a language vaguely similar to English), your best bet might actually be to reset the EEPROM and start from scratch. At least that way you know where you're starting from.

Looking at your photos, I guess your pump is not connected to a relay but gets power directly from a breaker, and is controlled by the ET's serial cable. It might help if you could fill out your signature with your equipment list.

I also see neither of your breakers has the GFCI function. Both pump and light breakers should be replaced with GFCI breakers. The label on the inside of the ET panel should show you which kinds are needed.

Last edited:
Joe,

I need you to go out to your panel and tell me what you have for "Circuit Names"

Menu, Settings, Circuit Names.. You should see 1/18 or some 1/#. This means you are looking at the first Circuit Name.. Pushing the up button will move you through each name.. Tell me what you show.

Pool should have a name of "Pool"
Aux 1 has what name??
Aux 2 has what name??
Aux 3 has what name??

Once I know the names I can help you set up the rest..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I will do the reset thing in the morning so it is ready to go. I had a neck operation 2 1/2 weeks ago and just got back from the doctors .
I really appreciate your help.

Joe,

You may have to erase the EEPROM, but that is not what I would initially do..

It could be a very simple mistake..

Setting up everything all over again will be a real pain without ScreenLogic and not understanding how the EasyTouch works.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Joe,

I need you to go out to your panel and tell me what you have for "Circuit Names"

Menu, Settings, Circuit Names.. You should see 1/18 or some 1/#. This means you are looking at the first Circuit Name.. Pushing the up button will move you through each name.. Tell me what you show.

Pool should have a name of "Pool"
Aux 1 has what name??
Aux 2 has what name??
Aux 3 has what name??

Once I know the names I can help you set up the rest..

Thanks,

Jim R.

You must have assigned a "pool" type circuit function to the Aux 2 button. This is actually OK if you want that button to start your high speed cleaning mode on an "egg timer."

If you have the ET user's guide, and are adept at reading Pentairian (a language vaguely similar to English), your best bet might actually be to reset the EEPROM and start from scratch. At least that way you know where you're starting from.

Looking at your photos, I guess your pump is not connected to a relay but gets power directly from a breaker, and is controlled by the ET's serial cable. It might help if you could fill out your signature with your equipment list.

I also see neither of your breakers has the GFCI function. Both pump and light breakers should be replaced with GFCI breakers. The label on the inside of the ET panel should show you which kinds are needed.
20230925_125058.jpg

I reset it as you mentioned as it was mess. The only functions is Filter pump and pool light. It's also has a salt cell that is not working. I need to set up filter pool and cleaner. Can you take me through the setup steps. Circuit names, circuit functions etc. I have a 2 speed pump so how would I set up cleaner. The salt water cell electronic board has 2 green lights and 1 red-light flashing. Is this board bad as the red light is flashing. I am at a loss. I had a pool company come out to try and program the ET but he really did not know what he was doing. He did not e en know how to erase EEPROM.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Joe,

Did you, or did you not, erase the EEPROM?

Where are the two green lights and the red flashing lights?? Are they on the cell itself, or ?? Show me a pic..

Do you really have an 2-speed pump? You do not have a two-speed relay, so I doubt you have a two speed pump. Show me a pic of the whole pump..

It is impossible for me to help you, unless you answer my questions...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Joe,

Did you, or did you not, erase the EEPROM?

Where are the two green lights and the red flashing lights?? Are they on the cell itself, or ?? Show me a pic..

Do you really have an 2-speed pump? You do not have a two-speed relay, so I doubt you have a two speed pump. Show me a pic of the whole pump..

It is impossible for me to help you, unless you answer my questions...

Thanks,

Jim R.
Yes erased EEPROM.
Sorry pump is VS
2 green and red flashing light is on the salt cell circuit board

Attachments

• 20230925_125058.jpg
    20230925_125058.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230922_123303.jpg
    20230922_123303.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230925_144534.jpg
    20230925_144534.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230925_144534.jpg
    20230925_144534.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 2
Joe,

OK...

To get you started, let's see if we can get your pump running.

For this to happen several thing need be done.

1. We will need to add a schedule for your Pool Circuit
2. We will need to assign a speed for the Pool Circuit to run.

For now the schedule will be 24/7, you can change it later..

Using the little LCD, and the Up/Down and Left/Right arrows..

1. Menu, Schedules, then scroll to find the Pool Circuit.. Set the Mode to Schedule, and the time to 8 am to 8 am, Mon through Sun. Once done, push menu to save and return to the menu screen.

2. Menu, Settings, IntelliFlo, pump #1.. Make sure the Pump Type is VS.. (Once set to VS do not change it again later)
Set RPM to 1500
Set Circuit to "Pool"
Push menu to save and get back to the menu screen.

In theory, your pump should start and run at 1500 RPM.

Try that and let me know how you made out.

Note the pump's display should show "Display Not Active".. If it does not show that, then your pump is not talking with the EasyTouch.. (A different problem altogether..)

Thanks,

Jim R.

Joe,

The little card with the green and red lights is the Surge Card. It is the power supply for your salt cell. I have never seen the red light before, so we will have to look at that after you get the pump running.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Joe,

OK...

To get you started, let's see if we can get your pump running.

For this to happen several thing need be done.

1. We will need to add a schedule for your Pool Circuit
2. We will need to assign a speed for the Pool Circuit to run.

For now the schedule will be 24/7, you can change it later..

Using the little LCD, and the Up/Down and Left/Right arrows..

1. Menu, Schedules, then scroll to find the Pool Circuit.. Set the Mode to Schedule, and the time to 8 am to 8 am, Mon through Sun. Once done, push menu to save and return to the menu screen.

2. Menu, Settings, IntelliFlo, pump #1.. Make sure the Pump Type is VS.. (Once set to VS do not change it again later)
Set RPM to 1500
Set Circuit to "Pool"
Push menu to save and get back to the menu screen.

In theory, your pump should start and run at 1500 RPM.

Try that and let me know how you made out.

Note the pump's display should show "Display Not Active".. If it does not show that, then your pump is not talking with the EasyTouch.. (A different problem altogether..)

Thanks,

Jim R.
Yes pump is working now. I even tried a start time and a stop time. Worked right on schedule. I also tried starting and stopping the pump by just hitting the filter pool button on the panel. That is also working now. Is there a way to program the cleaner to come on before or after the filter pump? I would like to have the cleaner come on at a higher speed for several hours.
Joe

Yes pump is working now. I even tried a start time and a stop time. Worked right on schedule. I also tried starting and stopping the pump by just hitting the filter pool button on the panel. That is also working now. Is there a way to program the cleaner to come on before or after the filter pump? I would like to have the cleaner come on at a higher speed for several hours.
Joe
Forgot to mention Pool speed is at what it was set for.

Joe,

It appears to me that you must have a suction cleaner... It that correct? A pressure side cleaner would need a booster pump and I don't see any wiring for that. What kind of cleaner do you have??

It would be easier for you to just show me pics of your whole equipment pad, so I have a clue what you need set up.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20230927_091248.jpg
    20230927_091248.jpg
    618.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230927_091259.jpg
    20230927_091259.jpg
    572.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230927_091237.jpg
    20230927_091237.jpg
    632.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230925_144534.jpg
    20230925_144534.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230927_091601.jpg
    20230927_091601.jpg
    594.1 KB · Views: 2
Joe,

Thanks for the pics... They show that you have a Suction cleaner and that you have no automated valves..

Basically that means there is nothing to actually "turn on first" for your cleaner to run and that the amount of suction that your cleaner gets is just dependent on how you manually set your Intake valve and the speed of your pump..

So... the only thing you need to do is to add a circuit to control the pump's speed when you want the cleaner running.

You can add a Feature Circuit or an Aux Circuit. The only difference is that the Aux Circuit has a relay.. You don't need the relay, and if you use an Aux circuit then you can't use the relay for anything else.. So let's set up a Feature Circuit.

Menu, Settings, Circuit Names, Scroll and find an unused Feature Circuit. Change the Circuit Name to "Cleaner". We will just leave the Circuit Function set to Generic, so no need to worry about it.

Menu, Settings, IntelliFlo, Pump #1, (Do NOT change pump type..), Speeds... Scroll and find "Cleaner" and set the speed to whatever makes your cleaner work well. Say 2000.. up to you..

Next we will set a schedule for cleaner.. Before we do, you need to understand how this works.. For this example, let's say you want the pump to run from 8 am until 8 pm, and you want your cleaner to run from 9 am until 11 am.. (just made up numbers for this example..) You would set you schedules like this...

Pool... 8 am until 8 pm (SWCG will run for 12 hours, even when the cleaner is on..)
Cleaner 9 am until 11 am

The pump will start at 8 am and run at your Pool speed until 9 am where it will then run at your Cleaner speed, until 11 am where the pump will again run at your Pool speed.. This is because when the pump sees two or more speed requests, it will run the fastest one.

You want your Pool speed to be the lowest speed that you ever want to run but it needs to be fast enough to turn on your SWCG.

Menu, Schedules, Scroll and find Cleaner and set the time you want it to run.

Please let me know if you run into an issues..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.