New here!! …and a Hayward H100ID question

Golfinkuch

Aug 1, 2023
Long Island, NY
Hi all… So I’m new here but have read plenty of threads over past few years!! Having an issue I can’t seem to solve. First, I’m a remodel contractor by trade… but am NOT a pool professional. However, maintaining my own pool has been and is very easy for me. With that said, I have an older Hayward H100ID (NG) heater that works like a charm when turned on…. Until last year.

Short summary… wound up replacing the water pressure switch, both limit switches and the igniter (last year) and never got it to fire. This year, same issue — so after digging in, here’s where I am at:

-Call for heat (1 light blink on control) blower comes on — 45-90 seconds, no flame - get 3 blinks (ignition lockout.)

-Checked, removed and cleaned all holes on burner / jets
-3/4” natural gas supply line, run is 15’ and 1st (no other appliances running)
-checked all wiring is clean and secure and with meter get 120v from water pressure all the way through gas valve-
-manometer reading 7.48” W.C and inlet and 3” W.C out
-after ignition lockout, toggle gas valve off for 30 sec and back on before trying again
-no debris in fan box or anywhere

Still get 3 red lights flashing for ignition lockout on call for heat… don’t know what else to do at this point!! Anyone with knowledge how to solve — please help!! Thanks in advance!

Somewhat confused by what you have stated and can't seem to find manual for your specific heater. 120V through safeties and operating controls??? Might help if you have photos of heater with panels off to see wiring, safeties and controls. Also close up photos of labels on gas valve, ignition control and heater if available.