New heater. Slow drip

Charlied24

Apr 4, 2023
San Diego
Installed new mastertemp 400 and all went well. I noted a small water leak inside heater (not at union which is dry) Is this the gasket on the manifold? It leaks very slow from just above the puddle. Dry all around except there. Should I take this apart ? Try to submit Warranty (I here they will likely deny a diy) thanks in advance.

Attachments

• CBF5213E-E47A-4BD6-B9F9-695D4E3BC3FF.jpeg
    CBF5213E-E47A-4BD6-B9F9-695D4E3BC3FF.jpeg
    276.2 KB · Views: 12
Did you register the heater when installed? Did any pool professional "verify" the install and provide an invoice? If so you may be able to warranty , you would just need to upload that invoice. If not, i would try loosening the zink bolts that hold the manifold then re-tourqing in the correct sequence to 75-115 in lb.
You may want to fully remove the manifold and lube the big o-ring and make sure it is seated properly.
Screenshot_20230404_074656_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Reactions: Charlied24
Installed new mastertemp 400 and all went well. I noted a small water leak inside heater (not at union which is dry) Is this the gasket on the manifold? It leaks very slow from just above the puddle. Dry all around except there. Should I take this apart ? Try to submit Warranty (I here they will likely deny a diy) thanks in advance.
May just need to snug that lower-left bolt (or all of them), but just a little.

Reactions: Charlied24
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.