Margaret 73

May 18, 2023
Washington DC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I currently have a raypak natural gas 2100 model 185 180000 BTU - 26 year old heater. The intake water piping is leaking. The pool has been showing high metals in the opening, and I’m suspicious it may be from this old heater. All pool equipment is indoors in the basement. 20” is the existing equip width, and I can’t fit much wider. Looking at the Hayward H150FD or the Raypak 206A . Hayward is 150000 BTU, Raypak is 199500 BTU. Was leaning to Raypak BUT Another poster was warning against Raypak due to some assembly line problems… heater still begrudgingly works, but takes a while to get it going. And rather than pay to get piping fixed, thinking best to replace it all. Any suggestions, comments?

Attachments

• F549A85D-C3A0-4E59-8E74-72ACBEB284E3.jpeg
    F549A85D-C3A0-4E59-8E74-72ACBEB284E3.jpeg
    659.2 KB · Views: 3
Sorry you have not received any responses. Heaters are pretty much common across all lines. The heater should not be adding metals to your water unless you have very low pH pool water. Or you have a trichlor tablet dispenser that is left with tablets in it and the pump is turned off.

I currently have a raypak natural gas 2100 model 185 180000 BTU - 26 year old heater. The intake water piping is leaking. The pool has been showing high metals in the opening, and I’m suspicious it may be from this old heater. All pool equipment is indoors in the basement. 20” is the existing equip width, and I can’t fit much wider. Looking at the Hayward H150FD or the Raypak 206A . Hayward is 150000 BTU, Raypak is 199500 BTU. Was leaning to Raypak BUT Another poster was warning against Raypak due to some assembly line problems… heater still begrudgingly works, but takes a while to get it going. And rather than pay to get piping fixed, thinking best to replace it all. Any suggestions, comments?
Always best to get the largest BTU rating your gas supply will support. Heats faster. RayPak had some issues, but so has every other brand at one time or another. Unless you get a LoNOx RayPak (a 207A), which may be required in your location, repairs when needed are usually less on the RayPak 206A as it is a simpler design.

Reactions: Margaret 73
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.