Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hi,

Our pool is being remodeled. The PB sold us on Hayward Universal ColorLogic LED Pool Light, 12-Volt, LED light LPCUS11100.

I just turned on the newly installed light and it is casting a huge shadow on the deep end. Does anybody have any ideas on the reason it is casting the shadow?

One reason we were given is when a PB (not ours) came by to give an opinion and said the LED light is installed upside down and that the same is true for the niche. Is that even possible with Hayward LED lights?

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_5089.jpeg
    IMG_5089.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Looks fine to me.

If you did not have the shadow around the light you might complain about the light not reaching the shallow end.

The light beam has a far throw instead of a wide throw.

Thank you @ajw22 for your insight—interesting that the light has a far/focused throw instead of a wide beam. My concern is the light and niche are set too deep into the pool wall making the shadow worse from the light passing through the cover.

Thank you @ajw22 for your insight—interesting that the light has a far/focused throw instead of a wide beam.
Pentair has some pool lights where you rotate the light 90 degrees to change the light throw between spot light or wide angle. It does not look like Hayward does that but it may be something to try.

My concern is the light and niche are set too deep into the pool wall making the shadow worse from the light passing through the cover.

That is a different problem. Have you tried shimming the light forward in the niche?

Maybe using a Pool Light Wedge to anchor it?

Lets see if @1poolman1 @AQUA~HOLICS has seen that problemish.

Reactions: SLUBOPOOL
Pentair has some pool lights where you rotate the light 90 degrees to change the light throw between spot light or wide angle. It does not look like Hayward does that but it may be something to try.

That is a different problem. Have you tried shimming the light forward in the niche?

Maybe using a Pool Light Wedge to anchor it?

Lets see if @1poolman1 @AQUA~HOLICS has seen that problemish.
Thank you @ajw22 for the reply. We had a pool professional look at our Hayward Colorlogic LED light that is casting a gigantic shadow over most of our pool’s deep end who thinks the issue is both the niche and light were installed upside down causing the throw to be shadowed. Anybody ever hear of this or if it’s possible? If so, we’re going to contact Hayward and see if our warranty is even still valid?

Attachments

• IMG_5089.jpeg
    IMG_5089.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
The light fixture lens may by upside down, or the bulb isn't bright enough. Look at the love seat on the far left corner. It almost looks like the light lens isn't the right shape. Or the wrong size shape bulb inside. And why is light leaking out from behind the lens clamp? I bet the fixture is pointing up, and not set into the bottom of the niche .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.