New Hayward Aqua-rite T-3 cell displaying too much salt.

SpykeYs

May 29, 2017
Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-3)
Hi,

I just replaced my 8 years old T-3 cell with a brand new one as it was no longer producing chlorine and displaying LOW SALT (300). Upon replacing it with a new T-3 cell, it instantly started generating cell and the salt level was accurate (2800). Now, for the past 24-36 hours, the AquaRite is displaying 4900 salt level which is definitely much higher than what is currently in the pool. That being said, the cell is still generating chlorine as per the Aqua Rite unit.

I did try to reset my salt level by turning off and back on and upon clicking I click diagnostic button until I see the -XXXX but the value remains around 4700-4900.

I went to the pool store and they tested my salt level as 3200. I have also tested with K-1766 and I get similar results.

Here are the values througout the different diagnostic options:

AL-0
R 1.59
T-3
69P

Is this something I should worry about ? Any recommendations ?

Thanks!

Hi,

I just replaced my 8 years old T-3 cell with a brand new one as it was no longer producing chlorine and displaying LOW SALT (300). Upon replacing it with a new T-3 cell, it instantly started generating cell and the salt level was accurate (2800). Now, for the past 24-36 hours, the AquaRite is displaying 4900 salt level which is definitely much higher than what is currently in the pool. That being said, the cell is still generating chlorine as per the Aqua Rite unit.

I did try to reset my salt level by turning off and back on and upon clicking I click diagnostic button until I see the -XXXX but the value remains around 4700-4900.

I went to the pool store and they tested my salt level as 3200. I have also tested with K-1766 and I get similar results.

Here are the values througout the different diagnostic options:

AL-0
R 1.59
T-3
69P

Is this something I should worry about ? Any recommendations ?

Thanks!

Is the new cell genuine Hayward or aftermarket?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.