New guy here, want a robot.

It has function time delays, and modes of cleaning not offered on the other remotes. My buddy with the Z5 ordered the Pro Remote for about $100 I think and it worked with the extra features. All the brains are in the power supply box, and that communicates with the remote. One extra cleaning mode I like is the "Heavy Duty" floor cleaning focus option. I use the delay function all the time, like making it wait to come on after I've brushed out the corners. This gives time for things to settle before he goes to work. I really like that choice.

Here is that thread of his. Some Pro Functions work on the Z5, some don't, as I recalled.

Maytronics (Dolphin) advanced function aka PRO remote on a Z5 - my testing results.

I do not think you will have any issues with the toe ledge. A section of my steps is about 5" wide front to rear, and using the remote, the Z5 (aka Triton Plus) had no problems getting over the hump and continuing to climb. Although the robot is longer than 5", about 12" I would say, it has a strong jet of water that discharges from its back (its top) that thrusts the thing up and over the short ledge. So it rises about halfway over the ledge, then after a momentary tilting/moving forward, the front of the tracks touches the wall above, and then it hooks up and continues climbing.

Now that was with the remote, but I don't see why it would not do the same all by itself.

AND... you just helped me finally discover a use for the remote control, lol !

Last edited:
Ok, update time...

I just ordered a Dolphin M500 unit complete with caddy and fancy doodle remote, The salesman says it should be in on Tuesday. The place that had them at $1599 had them in stock and close to where I returned the Polaris at Leslies. I went over there for a hands on look, told the owner what the price was at the other place to give him a chance to come down, but he would only come down to $1499 so I called the other guy and ordered it at $1350, but I have to wait a few days..oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

I do not think you will have any issues with the toe ledge. A section of my steps is about 5" wide front to rear, and using the remote, the Z5 (aka Triton Plus) had no problems getting over the hump and continuing to climb. Although the robot is longer than 5", about 12" I would say, it has a strong jet of water that discharges from its back (its top) that thrusts the thing up and over the short ledge. So it rises about halfway over the ledge, then after a momentary tilting/moving forward, the front of the tracks touches the wall above, and then it hooks up and continues climbing.

Now that was with the remote, but I don't see why it would not do the same all by itself.

AND... you just helped me finally discover a use for the remote control, lol !

Thanks MarkTX.. and you are welcome too I guess!:D

Recently, I order the Triton plus for ~$1040. Seems to have most of the same features of the M5 minus the remote (which I ordered for ~$100 delivered). From what I gather, the delayed start may not work, but it seems like a good deal. I have been using it the last several days and it has run like a champ. The cartridge filters have limited capacity, but that will only probably matter on the spring opening like I'm doing now. Count me as a happy buyer for now.

RE: The cartridge filters have limited capacity, but that will only probably matter on the spring opening

I can vouch for that. The first 2-3 times I used it, the filters almost filled up, but not quite. Now, they hardly ever get more than maybe 20% full, and that's running only twice a week. Cuz the pool is clean! If you regularly have lots of leaves, then that may be a different use case.

$1350 sounds good on an M500..... I just dropped $1199 on my M400.... now just waiting on the weather to stabilize so I can open the pool and get it wet!

$1199 is what they got for the M400 where I got mine also, wanted the remote I guess so I went all out. Other than that the 400 & 500 are about the same. You got a good one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.