New Gunite pool test results

Wow what a difference another day and two more bottles of metal out make. Added the two bottles yesterday(4 total) and went to work last night. Awoke this morning and look how the water looks now. Excellent. Beautiful blue water. I was getting worried the pool would be stained. So I know I have metals problems with my well water. Is there some way to remove it before it gets to the pool?? Would a water softner remove the metals? And until I get a solution I'm guessing I will need to continue adding a maintenance dose of the sequestrant to the pool weekly?????

So now my questions are: When can I start the SWG? And when can I start using the Polaris 360 pool cleaner???

36racin,

Thanks for posting the pics of cleaning your Jandy cartridge filter. I saw your and thought I should do mine too - exact same color too! Washed them off and put them back in - only a slight drop (3 PSI) in PSI after cleaning though. I think most of the brown is due to sand from the decking company finishing laying down polymeric sand and cutting our Techo Bloc walls and flooring.

From what I read here, you need to wait 4-5 weeks after plaster to turn on SWG , heater (if you have one) and use your Polaris.

Good luck!

MJ,
Thanks for the reply. My filter is a Pentair cartridge. But I would think they are all pretty much the same. My pressure didn't move much either but I wasn't just cleaning to clean. I was attempting to wash out as much metals that were caught in the filter as possible. So they could not get back into the pool. I did see somewhere a comb like nozzle that connects to your hose pipe and you rake it down the filter pleats to clean.

As for the SWG and Polaris I will wait a few more weeks. But I will need to purchase a vacuum hose so I can remove some debris that isn't making it to the main drains.

And the water looks even better today. Looks great actually.

Todd

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.