NEW Gunite IG pool - West Texas

I more than feel your pain! Yesterday was awesome progress and it really hit home how quickly this could be going. I think it's a matter of lots of subs and juggling jobs. On one of the nice 70 degree days earlier this week I was complaining to my husband about no work being done by the PB, and he said "Oh, he's working all right ... just not here." Talking to PB later he mentioned something about the method of construction they'd used on a pergola that day and I looked at DH with an "AHA!" look!

I more than feel your pain! Yesterday was awesome progress and it really hit home how quickly this could be going. I think it's a matter of lots of subs and juggling jobs. On one of the nice 70 degree days earlier this week I was complaining to my husband about no work being done by the PB, and he said "Oh, he's working all right ... just not here." Talking to PB later he mentioned something about the method of construction they'd used on a pergola that day and I looked at DH with an "AHA!" look!

HAHA. I give the PB flak every time I call him when he says "oh just driving around working". He's a character, I think we have a good understanding of one another. It's funny b/c when I call, he's nervous. When the wife calls, he's just excited. Of course she's much more attractive than I am, so that could be part of it.

I honestly don't know. I just know how much it costs. Lol. Too much.

We already had them do a 30ft long 8ft tall wall with steel door. Now the rest (existing 6ft) to be raised to 8 ft. Two doorways are going to be closed in.

If you're starting from ground level on that 300 linear feet I feel for you. That has to be crazy expensive.

My fence work is 14-15k

Wow. I bet it'll be gorgeous. You'll have to show pics when it's done. I'm sure I'm not the only one that can appreciate a pretty wall.

Mine are going to be boring/plain for now at least. My mason is a good guy he has been willing to work with me and he's even working today!! He's hoping to get this length of wall done today. Then next weekend start on the other side. He said they may come and work evenings this coming week, depends on other work they have going on.

I'm thinking I may have him add a slab for a storage shed in a corner of my yard. Shouldn't be too expensive I hope. And seems that I'll need somewhere to store all the pool stuff.

My equipment is going to be bricked in essentially. Our yard has a strange "nook" where the water meter is (open to the rear) the gas meter is going to be there...then the mason is going to build a wall separating the water/gas from the pool equipment. So the meter readers can do their thing. And my equipment will be safe. There is currently a small wooden gate blocking all this area off from the backyard. This is going to be removed. And another section of wall may be placed up so you have to go left and quick right to get to pool equipment. That last part is unknown currently.

The shed is going to be around the side of my house. (My lot is very strange and the house is placed on it in an even stranger way).

Mason got this section of wall done except for caps and end. this is the area where the shed would go.)and said he'd be back next weekend to do the other side fence and close off another gate (that side is the "dog side").

This photo is from my property line, looking down my neighbors side of the fence. On the other side of the corner I'm standing at is where I'm wanting to place a shed.

I spent the day cleaning the dogs area up and taking down a dead tree that the electric company decided to run the power to my house through. Luckily I didn't die.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah. PB states thurs for gunite (last I heard). So he'd better get to it. Some plumbing is still not complete. I'm excited the fence is going up. Our back is on a fairly busy street. So 8ft will be nice.

Oh well, sounds like the next best thing then. Keeping my fingers crossed they get you done.

greatly appreciate it. This front we just got hit with better be gone by Thurs. It's forecast to be over by Thurs...crossing my fingers.

Spoke w/ PB at length yesterday regarding numerous things. Workers are at the house getting all the loose ends tied up in prep for Thurs.

I didn't get the 4 jet per seat in the spa, but did get two seats with two jets. So That'll get the job done. Pics to come this evening.

The dual jets. A set of these on each end. 4 "regular single jets" are in between. So 6 person spa.

Example of those 4. He's using one vent for every two jets. He gave us the option of running tube back to pad and using a blower. We decided to keep it simple.

This is going to be a raised deck on right. You can also see a fourth return jet below it. I have no clue what the single pipe that is stuck into wall is for.

I assume this is part of the autofill device. A valve

Kinda strange looking. Still aiming for Thursday as concrete day.

Yea, it does look kinda strange. I'd say if that is a new line they put in, yes, autofill. Just curious, do you see where that will be on the pool deck yet? It should look like a lot like another skimmer spot.

Don't forget to turn it off after start up to check for leaks in the pool. :goodjob:

Yea, it does look kinda strange. I'd say if that is a new line they put in, yes, autofill. Just curious, do you see where that will be on the pool deck yet? It should look like a lot like another skimmer spot.

Don't forget to turn it off after start up to check for leaks in the pool. :goodjob:

The spot where the valve is Should (I hope) be in what is to be a planter that is going to run the length of the house. It's going to be less than a foot in depth (house to deck) but long, and kinda snake along. Plan is to fill with backlit glass rocks. (we will see if my idea works as well as I think it will).

I would have preferred it to have been back by the Fig tree...but I didn't mention it. and it's not a big deal for me as long as we can keep it out of the decking as much as possible.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.