New filtration system

Dec 8, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello all, I have a pretty straight forward setup. I upgraded to a vs pump about 2 years or so ago. I’m now looking to change up the filtration system. I’m over this cartridge cleaning, and im finding some blow back, I’ve tried new filters making sure they are seated well but no luck. The filter housing is probably at least 15 years old. Perhaps that’s the issue.

My question is where should I start to explore? The gentleman at my local pool supply talked about a glass filter system.
What about adding a SWG?

Whatever suggestions you have are appreciated. I’m not versed on the equipment side of things. Also Polaris booster is getting the boot. I purchased robot cleaner after replacing the booster pump multiple times. I would also note the floor drain is capped. Only using the skimmer. Pool was built in the 70s. I’m in south texas with weeks on end of 100+ temp looking to be the norm.
IMG_0717.jpeg

Blowback? Do you mean debris is returning to the pool? That is a very tight equipment pad. While you don't need the time clock or box, code doesn't allow for anything to be installed closer than three feet in front of the breaker panel above it (rusty box).
With some creative plumbing, a large-capacity cartridge filter could be made to fit along with an SWG.

Local store may have been talking about a sand filter with glass media. If you go that route, just use filter sand. Sand filters are larger and may be difficult to fit in that area. Not sure what is to the left of the equipment. May be more room there.

Yeah not sure sure why it’s so close. There’s capped plumbing about 10ft down to the left. Whoever re ran the plumbing moved it much closer to the breakers. I have several feet to the left.

Yes debri returning to the pool. Pool is full sun but surrounded by neighboring trees. Constantly battling debri, and spring is heck lol.

Yeah not sure sure why it’s so close. There’s capped plumbing about 10ft down to the left. Whoever re ran the plumbing moved it much closer to the breakers. I have several feet to the left.

Yes debri returning to the pool. Pool is full sun but surrounded by neighboring trees. Constantly battling debri, and spring is heck lol.
Be sure the air relief tube in your filter is in the spot in the bottom of the tank that it should be. They sometime get pulled out when the cartridge is removed for cleaning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.