New filter question

Exit0

Jul 3, 2013
Hey guys. I am thinking about upgrading my filter. I was just wondering what your thoughts are about DE filters?are they worth it? Currently I have a sand filter and it does a pretty good job my only complaint is there is every time I vacuum, there is always a little dirt that seems to make it through the filter back into the pool. Nobody else even knows it's there but being the one who cleans it, I know it's there. I don't really like vacuuming to waste. I guess I am a little anal about it.

I LOVE my sand filter and will not move to DE due to the amount of work to clean it when needed. I LOVE just being able to back wash and go! You can find a mirco filter bag to put on the return to catch most of the stuff coming though the filter or you can add some DE to your sand to help filter better and add an extra polish to your water.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.