Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
So after replastering the fill is about 80-90% done and rather than light blue the water is VERY green. I've been balancing the pH and it's 7.6 Doing the bicarb fill and those instructions say to balance the rest of the chems after the pool is full so I haven't measured anything else, let alone corrected anything. Any advice at this point or just keep filling to full and then measure? Thanks. BTW I also have sequestrants on hand to add after filling even though I did not test for metals. The existing plaster was badly stained and more than one guy said it was metal stains so I've been planning add the sequestrants.

The pool needs two more feet of water. Use it now or wait until full? The filter system will not come on until pool is full.

Last edited:
After checking with him I did put in the sequestrant. Thanks for the advice. He also said the green water is because the water isn't circulating and it should clear after the filter system is on for a couple of hours and the chemistry gets balanced.

When you lower the pH, the iron will go back into solution. The green means it is out of solution. Rust.

Fill completed last night about 1am. That was fun. Filter on. Water a little less green. Chem test this morning produced this result...

TA = 430
CH = 70
pH = 7.9, lowering to 7.6

Have started adding calcium chloride but don't have near enough for target range so on the way to store, also for more acid as I'm about out of that. And I guess add trichlor tabs today. Any other suggestions? Thanks.