Jamison, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Finally. A process that started way back in July 2020 is finally beginning to take shape. After delays from Latham in manufacturing our pool, it finally arrived in October. Then the PB began the permit process (They wait until they physically have the pool for some reason). The permit process took much long than expected too. Permits were submitted in the middle of November and we finally got the go ahead in mid-January.

Latham Carmel 14'x30'
Heat Pump
Salt Water
2 LED Lights

Since we're going to need a retaining wall of about 18-20" high, the PB began by cutting into the slope and making the pad area level.

Reactions: BigPapaSmurf
Freezing Cold Weather GIF by filmeditor

• Haha
Reactions: TFPNoobie
We've had about 5 days of sunshine and warmer weather and I still had this. The PB is supposed to come out next week to install the pool. I pumped some of the water out (Couple inches deep in spots) with a submersible pump. It was pointless though because we got about 2 or 3 inches of additional snow (Still going) and it's going to rain again on Thursday. I feel like it's just never going to happen. We might as well wait until springtime because the freeze/thaw means solid ground overnight and a consistency of peanut butter during the day.

• Wow
What a nightmare. Today PB came to dig for pool.

• First problem was that they hit bedrock at a depth of just 3 or 4 inches shy of where they needed to be in the deep end. He said they would need to jackhammer and would cost an additional $2k. I asked if it would be possible to raise the pool those 3 inches and he seemed happy that I brought that up. So that's the solution to the bedrock.
  • Then a tri-axle dump truck got stuck in the mud so they had to unload all the dirt they just put in and put it back in the hole. They managed to finally free the truck after about 2 hours but not after making a massive mess in the yard.
  • Finally, I just noticed they didn't put the equipment to my requirements. I told PB i'm going to put a fence from corner of house and connect to existing fence on side of house. I want to be able to come through the gate to the side of the house to access the equipment. Well, the pipes for the equipment are blocking the line where a fence needs to go and they faced the equipment the wrong way. If the fence was able to go up, it would be facing the fence not the other way around.
The positive is that raising the pool will likely mean less retaining wall is required. Also feel lucky that they were able to make it like 99.8% of the way to required depth allowing me to save a few $k. Not sure if they're coming back tomorrow but we're supposed to get a half inch of rain tomorrow night. Not good.

PB moved the equipment to where I originally wanted it. He put up a fight but I stood firm. He wanted me to put the fence up behind and told me I'd probably regret it if I did it the way I wanted. At the end of the day though, all is well since they moved it.

They just added gravel to bottom of the hole and leveled it. Expecting pool to be in the ground tomorrow but if weather is too bad probably next week.

Getting there. Slowly. But getting there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Really like the tiles that come on the shells, but just couldn't stomach the high cost they command from Latham for my build. They really do add a nice touch to the FG shell.

Ordered those same tiles on my Latham, Couldn't find any real pics online (just manufacture) appreciate the pics so I can see what they actually look like! Excited for you.

Reactions: TFPNoobie
Really like the tiles that come on the shells, but just couldn't stomach the high cost they command from Latham for my build. They really do add a nice touch to the FG shell.
I know. If I added it myself it probably would have been 10% of the cost. If I knew all of these additional unexpected costs were going to add up the way they are I would have gone the DIY route.

Ordered those same tiles on my Latham, Couldn't find any real pics online (just manufacture) appreciate the pics so I can see what they actually look like! Excited for you.
If u want close ups let me know. I can try and get them tomorrow. Too dark out now though.

Yesterday in high winds and extremely muddy conditions the crew was able to get the pool set and level. They also moved the equipment pad and they're going to redo the plumbing so that it doesn't block the location of the fence line.

Reactions: newdude

This was taken with my drone so it doesn't give the best representation of actual colors. There is definitely more gray than the image shows. But hopefully this helps.

RemoteMediaFile_6553795_0_2022_02_18_16_32_58.jpg

Backfill completed today and water added about halfway. I’m in the process of filling the pool the rest of the way with my hose. Kinda curious how much that’s gonna cost. Probably be 2 months before concrete decking. In the meantime I have plenty of time to get my wall done.

Attachments

• 12C49A3F-1883-4019-A00A-92CA67348DF5.jpeg
    12C49A3F-1883-4019-A00A-92CA67348DF5.jpeg
    486.5 KB · Views: 37

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.