New equipment advice needed

Punchyp

Jun 13, 2019
Indiana
Hoping someone can help me pick out a new paper filter canister for my 25 yr old pool. 14×28 shallow in ground, 3 return jets.
I think the old one is a mytilis model myl 80. Does that mean 80 sft? I want to get the right size for pump snd pool
Bought New 1.0 hp jandy pump last spring, but seems like less pressure than old 3/4 hp pump had. I have a valve dripping and the plug in filter canister wont stop dripping, and 25 yr old chlorinater that i dont use, need a new one of those also. All pvc piping 2 inch i believe. Attached a pic of the old one.
Thanks for any advice

Attachments

• 20230507_092104.jpg
    20230507_092104.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 9
The larger the filter the less you will need to clean it. With a large filter you may only need to clean your filter once at the end of your pool season.

High quality filter - Pentair CCP 320 or 420.

You could get a CC200 but the larger the filter the better...

Or you can look at the Waterway filters which are like the Pentair CCP...

Hoping someone can help me pick out a new paper filter canister for my 25 yr old pool. 14×28 shallow in ground, 3 return jets.
I think the old one is a mytilis model myl 80. Does that mean 80 sft? I want to get the right size for pump snd pool
Bought New 1.0 hp jandy pump last spring, but seems like less pressure than old 3/4 hp pump had. I have a valve dripping and the plug in filter canister wont stop dripping, and 25 yr old chlorinater that i dont use, need a new one of those also. All pvc piping 2 inch i believe. Attached a pic of the old one.
Thanks for any advice
Which pump did you get? That chlorinator should be disposed and never seen again. Yes, 80 sq. ft. Get as large a filter as can fit in the area, you'll be very happy in the long run.

i can vouch for the pentair filter. definitely good. may be for different reasons but i agree with @1poolman1 on the chlorinator. i made the mistake of no check valve back when i had mine and destroyed my heating coils on a new heater. living and learning...

i can vouch for the pentair filter. definitely good. may be for different reasons but i agree with @1poolman1 on the chlorinator. i made the mistake of no check valve back when i had mine and destroyed my heating coils on a new heater. living and learning...
Thanks Guys, i will do some research on my own now that i have an idea what to buy.
So are you saying the Chlorinator could be causing the pressure drop that i think i have? is that what destroyed your heater?
My pressure gauge is shot along with all the other parts on this setup. The skimmer doesn't seem to be pulling the debris in like it used to, and the farthest return jet seems weak to me. i can see a few bubbles in the pot but only 6 or 8 dancing around. i think it's either the chlorinator is clogged or leaking air, or the fiberous filter canister is not 100% air tight either. I don't use that Chlorinator except vacations, i guess i can add tabs to the skimmer if i leave for a week.

sorry, i cannot speak to that. my issue was i did not put a check valve in so at rest i had a concentration of chlorine in the pipes and that is not good for the copper heating element. ate right through them. made my new heater cost an extra 800 bucks and a lot of work to replace it.

i guess i can add tabs to the skimmer if i leave for a week.

Adding tabs to the skimmer can be as damaging as the chlorinator.

If you are going to use tabs then get a floater so the tablets only dissolve in the pool itself and not in your equipment.

Reactions: SamsIam
Thanks Guys, i will do some research on my own now that i have an idea what to buy.
So are you saying the Chlorinator could be causing the pressure drop that i think i have? is that what destroyed your heater?
My pressure gauge is shot along with all the other parts on this setup. The skimmer doesn't seem to be pulling the debris in like it used to, and the farthest return jet seems weak to me. i can see a few bubbles in the pot but only 6 or 8 dancing around. i think it's either the chlorinator is clogged or leaking air, or the fiberous filter canister is not 100% air tight either. I don't use that Chlorinator except vacations, i guess i can add tabs to the skimmer if i leave for a week.
Tabs in the skimmer? NO! Tabs in a floating chlorinator? YES!

Reactions: SamsIam
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.