New East Texas Pool Build- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
25 here this morning down south and majority of my palms are showing freeze burn. Even with being covered. I know other folks have bigger problems in this world compared to this, but it sure is disappointing. I sure hope this is the last spell of frigid weather this year.

Flippy said:
25 here this morning down south and majority of my palms are showing freeze burn. Even with being covered. I know other folks have bigger problems in this world compared to this, but it sure is disappointing. I sure hope this is the last spell of frigid weather this year.
I'm in the same boat. My Pygmy is also showing signs of damage and I covered it as best I could and also ensured the roots had good water which I was told would help protect it.

I'm hoping the cold weather is over and it will recover. I also have 2 Sylvester palms which are holding up much better.

Seriously! I was raised in the Midwest but moved south 30 years ago. Spent 8 years in New Orleans and the rest in Houston bet we only had 10 days in all that time where it was below freezing for 24 hours. Since we've moved to DFW in late summer, it's been 106 with drought conditions, had a week of torrential rain, an ice storm and now frozen tundra! I'm about ready to pack up and head south!

Scheduled installation of the pool equipment today. It is scheduled for Monday at 11:00 a.m. A Pentair representative will be here to assist. If we have electricity in the pool house by then we can go ahead and set up the pentair software.

We bottomed out at -6 with a wind chill of -30 today! The boxer couldn't even be left outside for 2 minutes to do her business because she is so sensitive to this kind of weather. She looked at me like I had 2 heads when I tried to get her to go out this morning. lol I wouldn't mind having 25 temps today over what we just got the last few days. BRUTAL is an understatement!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No rain and no water in pool yet. Seems like everything shut down for the end of year and Freeze-agedean has delayed everything for the new year. February is usually our coldest month. So I am afraid it may be March before we get plaster. We will see.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.