New Dolphin T45i and First Pool Robotic Cleaner...

FletchMan

Bronze Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Virginia Beach
Folks:

Here is a quik report on a new pool cleaner. I will try and update the thread as the season goes on....

We purchased the Dolphin T45i last week and have been running it every other day. It works extremely well and I cannot believe I waited over a year to get one.

Here is a link and the photos below show the details of the Rubber Maid Storage shed I purchased to store it and my cleaning supplies....

https://maytronicsus.com/product/t45/

I am sure there are better, and more expensive but this unit does wonders. I am a software engineer and very picky about quality and performance. So far this unit is a Grand Slam

IMG_6697-1207x905.jpgIMG_6699-1207x905.jpgIMG_6704-1207x905.jpgIMG_6701-1207x905.jpgIMG_6706-1207x905.jpgIMG_6710-1207x905.jpgIMG_6698-1207x905.jpg

Best Regards to All,
Fletcher (Frodo9)

F,

All I can say is Dolphin must have run out of names and is now using numbers.. :p

I have several older Dolphin cleaners and they all still work great. When one of them bites the dust, my plan is to buy the T45 or at least that style of cleaner. I like how light they are compared to mine and the very large top loading basket.

I have said this before, if I have a dime-sized leaf in my pool, the Dolphin will find it every single time... I love them!!!

Thanks for the feedback on the T45... please do keep us up to date....

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Jim -

Thanks for the info. Here is a view of the results, courtesy of my son, who did a "Pool Cleaning Inspection" yesterday. It got his seal of approval.

IMG_6722-1207x905.jpg

Dolphin has quite a number of makes and models. Lol.

Being tech savvy, I have been researching what AI technology they use to scan and clean.

There is not a lot of info on there website. If anyone has any info then please share.

The weight reduction may be due to them incorporating Lithium Ion an going away from Lead Acid Batteries.

In any case, the replacement parts look radily avaialble and that is good: https://www.marinapoolspaandpatio.com/catalog/451

Best Regards,
Fletcher

Fletcher,

Well, there are no batteries in Dolphin cleaners at all... :confused:

Their "scanning" is not really what you think... it does not remember your pool.. Every time you turn it off and back on, it has to rescan the pool again. No matter how is works, it works well for me!!!

Thanks,

Jim R.

How is the t45 operating after 4 months of use. Are you still happy with the results? Any complaints or concerns. I am looking at this unit vs the M400 or m500 which are Dolphins work horse machines but with older tech I think so I am leaning toward these newer lighter top loading models.

I currently have a Hayward Tigershark which is a workhorse but blew a motor after 5 seasons.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.