New DIY build In Huntsville, AL

Been meaning to post some pics. Still some things left to do. Wait on landscaping to fill in! Outdoor kitchen is next. I will say DIY is a lot of work but i did pick the hottest part of the year to install a pool. After the pool was finished I decided to take a break. I had my guys help me install the pavers during the winter.
3CF2E48FAF824416B65415B1C1F28E12-1.jpg
[/URL]
11c6b452824c45e998685451da0f0c36-1.jpg
[/URL]
EC3DAB9BDBE6429C84443072360565F5-1.jpg
[/URL]

DEFF5846CB1847D7A776941FA6C531E3-1.jpg
[/URL]"]
C550C4818D7842128825D2327A53CAD2-1.jpg
[/URL]
70A21FB6F56F4512B23B63FD660C3F69-1.jpg
[/URL]
5088B35AEFBA46CE89EA3EDDDBE8F7AB-1.jpg
[/URL]
F3192C51A3FA42C78EA7C01B77BB5ED1-1.jpg
[/URL]
CEB821122CB34EFC832E78FBF7BB3FBA-1.png
[/URL]
033508F0E5604233968F0065FF5C0DC1-1.png
[/URL]
F0359438536A42FF97F4B9110D13AB00-1.png
[/URL]
8C05C454E9B04B0D81DAEF403B081B32-1.png
[/URL]
0AB092802AB745E49C0A7DD3C5DE42DC-1.png
[/URL]
D1DB78561B8F40F6BE44E12A70D0FC2F-1.png
[/URL]
me wanting someone to play volleyball!
6BBB21A7DEBD4D13A34FADBD70A94BAF-1.png
[/URL]

Hi there! Enjoyed looking over this. I am from Oneonta, AL and about to install our own pool. Would you mind me asking what lights you used?

Looks like you went with Pool Warehouse. That is who I have been talking to as well. Were you pleased with their product?

Thanks!

The main reason I went with pool warehouse was for the steps I wanted. They were a lot cheaper.
I ordered my kit and they said 2-3 weeks delivery but it took 6. I would not get sand from them cause every bag they sent was busted or had a hole in it.
When the pool finally arrived I had to meet the driver down the road and help him unload onto my trailer. I would specify for them to unload and put where you want it. I had to take it home and unload all by myself. A lot of my coping was damaged but they sent that out fairly quick for replacement.

My pump was missing, skimmers missing, and handrail anchors. I will say anyone who buys a kit from them get everything in writing including delivery date. I dealt with Luke and he bragged about how good their customer service was when i mentioned going with Royal Swimming pools. Once I took a picture of my check and sent it in I never got to talk to Luke again. The secretary said it was out of his hands now. So Luke went from calling me daily to see if I had questions, to not taking my calls after the sale.

I love the steps! They are part of what makes the pool. Along with the liner, the slide, the water feature, the deck, the...... etc, etc! Lol!

Congratulations! And they better play volleyball with you after all that unloading the truck and building the deck - not to mention The Pool!!!

Fabulous job. :bowdown:

Suz

Thank you. I could not have done it without the help and ideas from this forum. I started researching at the end of 2013 on this forum. My wife says I am a perfectionist so I procrastinate a lot until I know exactly how I want it. A diy is a lot of hard work but it makes it so easy to upgrade things. It saved a lot of money and it was worth it. I would like to say thanks to all the contributors on this forum. From breaking ground to pool chemicals. It's all here if people want to learn. I am amazed at the people I know who are surprised I treat my own pool and never go to the pool store.

For anyone else planning for construction these are a few of my favorite things and what I get the most comments on.
Umbrella holders in coping
No border on the liner. A lot of people think it is not a liner pool. Of coarse the coping helps with that as well
Umbrella holders several have asked me if I would build them some. It is such an easy thing to do and they will last forever.
Basically stack stone and make a square. Bought the caps at local landscaping supply. Had granite guy drill holes for umbrella. It's hollow inside so I put a PVC sleeve for the umbrella to go through and filled between the pipe and gravel with rock.
Everyone loves a sports pool cause they can all play volleyball. Any age and lots of fun.
Full length steps but foam on them for padding. Not one person has got in the pool who hasn't asked me how I got my steps so soft.
I built my home so take that into consideration if anyone else is doing so. I planned for the pool when building so everything is perfectly aligned with the covered patio/ outdoor kitchen to come. Researching now hopefully i won't procrastinate to bad on that. Someone asked to have their rehearsal dinner at the house next July so I want to have it finished by then.
Robot vacuum is a must. I have never had to hand vacuum. I let the robot clean a couple times a week and run my pump 6 hours a day.

Sorry got carried away!

:goodpost: Get carried away anytime!!! Those are excellent tips for people planning their pool.

On the umbrella holders, I thought you meant the tropical umbrella - had to look twice. Those are awesome! I need something like that. Does the short column/holder give more stability on windy days? It seems like it would. We have more wind here in Houston than I ever realized before the pool. Thanks for the how-to steps!!!

So far I have not had any issues with wind on any of them. I was most concerned with the ones in the pool coping. If it does become an issue I will attach and eye bolt to the coping and attach umbrella to it so it won't pull out. The column umbrellas and down in sleeve about 2'. The ones in coping are only around 7"
If needed I can pull that cap and show the pipe and inside of column
]
46.jpg
[/URL]

47.jpg
[/URL]
48.jpg
[/URL]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the info-- I have a few more, if you don't mind me asking:

1. How much did your steps cost? I'm wanting similar steps and they quoted $2000.
2. Did you install the padding around the steel walls also or just the steps?
3. What Pool cleaner robot ?

4. What type lights did you go with?
5. I see you have a water feature like I want-- did you get the stuff from Pool Warehouse for that?

Thanks and sorry for so many questions.

Christine

Christine
The steps I got were 20' and they were $1695
I did install padding around the walls and steps. It is very cheap to do the padding and well worth it to me.
I got the dolphin nautilus plus off amazon for 695. I remember the price changing quite often on amazon so I just watch it as I was putting the pool in.
On the lights I went with the bulbwizards color changing led on amazon. It fits right in the Hayward niche

The fountain I just kinda figured that out as I went. Especially the rock work. I wired it up to a switch and put in a double gang box with my pool light. I got the sheer descent off amazon to. It I can't seem to find the exact one I purchased.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.