New construction in Dallas TX

:sun: Well it's getting a little bit brighter down here!

Maybe everything will dry up and we can get back to testing and scrubbing! :|

I did a few tests today to see where we are at:

ph < 6.8 (way less)
cl < .5
ch = 270

I didn't even bother with the rest...lol

Here's the pics after the sun came out.

Attachments

• pool0930_1.jpg
    pool0930_1.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 258
  • pool0930_2.jpg
    pool0930_2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 258
  • pool0930_3.jpg
    pool0930_3.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 258
pH probably down because of the acid bath. It is just beautiful.. can you believe it?

Your pool pump doesn't look like it's running.. (no spillover) I had to run mine 24 hours a day to circulate the water. Might just be a different school of thought.

So the pool equipment was turned on today. We can get in now, but the water is cold! I don't have pool school until Friday, so I goess that's when I will figure out how to turn the spa on :(

OH no!! Text your PB and tell him you want to get tin the spa. If your spa has controls, take a pic of them and post them... I'm fixin to fire mine up! I can do mine 2 ways, by the Easytouch computer.. or spa side controls.

1. Do you have spa side controls? If you do, that's easy..
2. Are they labeled? Yours might be in a different order. I wish mine were.

Here's what my buttons do: (4 Button Controls)

1. Spa Heater (What kind of heater do you have? Mine is a Mastertemp 400)
2. Pool Light
3. Spa Jets
4. Spa Lights

No spa side controls, and things aren't labeled either. 1-4 is not labeled on mine yet, but I can play with them. I need to turn knobs to turn off the water features. Just not sure which ones..there's a lot of knobs there..lol

The jets and lights are obvious.. My bubbles jump out of the spa! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The heater button is not quite so forceful.. But it will take a little bit for the heater to kick in. Like 5 minutes?? Just guessing. I have a gas heater, Karmanns is electric - not sure about his.

I hope you don't have to wait until FRIDAY!!! :cry: I wish I knew how to help from here. You are going to be soooo happy when you get it all going!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
arvven said:
No spa side controls, and things aren't labeled either. 1-4 is not labeled on mine yet, but I can play with them. I need to turn knobs to turn off the water features. Just not sure which ones..there's a lot of knobs there..lol

When my pump is on, the water features are on. I can shut off the grotto, but the tanning bubbler comes on... or I can set it half and half.

Don't feel bad - I'm still learning myself! :party: Just get the basics down and keep your numbers in check.

Headed to the ................... not sayin. :shock: Hope you get yours going!

How did Pool School go with your PB? Probably too late, but I read on here that it's a good idea to record and or video the instructions he gives you. I just have a good feeling that your entire family is squished in that spa right about now. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Update: Pool builder did not recommend turning on the heater right now. They wanted the pool to cycle alone to get all of the plaster dust off the bottom. They said turning on the head could cause the plaster dust to cure and clog in the heater :shock:

Yesterday was nice outside an our pool was warming up nicely, so we did swim last night for about 3 hrs. I was freezing afterward, but it was nice to be able to enjoy it for the first time :whoot:

I had to postpone pool school until Monday because of work. I will be off early part of next week because I will have company in town. I envision a dip in the spa then :)

I need to get on top of my chemicals. I don't think they are putting anything else in right now. I am not sure they put salt in, I don't think so... Won't be able to focus on it today, my daughter has a band competition. I'll check on it tomorrow.

BTW: Any questions I should write down to ask during pool school?

:party: Glad you were able to swim a bit! That makes sense on the spa..

I can't think of specific questions outside of operating the equipment, and what to watch for.

One thing I did before it got too cold is take a photo of each piece of equipment with the model and serial numbers, size, etc.

Good luck today with the competition!

Glock said:
lol. I almost got in mine too. I cleaned up my patio and packed up the pool toys and found a nest of snakes in my woodpile. That cured me of wanting to swim. lol

:shock: :shock: :shock: Don't blame you Glock!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.