tbrunson1964

Jun 6, 2023
Tennessee
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello, I have an above ground 24ft round pool that is approximately 15 years old. We have always used the poolfrog chlorine system and my pool store is trying to steer me towards Pristine Blue. I am ready to do something different that the poolfrog so I have uninstalled the bacpac and mineral pac reservoir. The pool store tested the water last week and said to shock it with turbo shock 2 bags, and raise the alkalinity 10lb bag. So I did that and retested yesterday and they said to pour a whole bottle of phosphate remover and then a day later test and start pristine blue. After reading some of the forum entries on here, I am hesitant about starting the pristine blue. Any help would be appreciated. I do have a Taylor test kit.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: By now your gut is telling you something is wrong with all those other systems, and for good reason. They don't' work and add metals to the water. Chlorine in its various forms and/or a salt water generator is the way to go. Please be sure to start at our Pool Care Basics which has a ton of great articles for both the new and seasoned pool owner. If you have any questions let us know.

TIP: It all starts with proper at-home water testing. Either a TF-100 (link in my signature) or Taylor K-2006C. With one of those, the rest is a piece of cake.

Reactions: tbrunson1964
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.