new bullfrog R7L spa. What do I follow to balance it.

Ame

May 22, 2013
Phoenix Arizona
I currently use TFP to balance my SWG pool. But I know nothing about SPA. The only thing it has built in is a ozone EOS O3. So I would use chlorine or bromine? I would like to use the best option. Im in Arizona. I dont know if that makes a DIFFERENCE. hoT HERE...

I have an R7L with EOS, using chlorine.

I'm on my second unit - first unit was incorrectly built without circ pump. Running water through EOS with pump 1 on low for about 3-4 hours a day of filtration seemed to consume about 1.25 ppm of FC irrespective of use.
Now that I'm on a circ pump, FC drop seems a little higher, more like 1.5+ ppm.

I also have landscape sprinklers that spray onto the cover, plus lots of bugs getting into the water, so I have a regular source of contamination and things that consume chlorine. Between our use, the additional contamination sources, and the EOS, I have to maintain sanitizer level every 2 days.

I've considered switching to bromine so that I can stretch out my sanitizer maintenance cycles - the EOS should in theory help to oxidize some minimal level of bromides back into bromine. However, dlleno pointed out to me that over time the ozone system will weaken and the positive impacts it will have on the bromine levels will reduce.

So for now I'm just using the rapid sanitizer decay to my advantage with chlorine, meaning that I can hyperchlorinate and expect the system to recover to comfortable levels more quickly than without ozone. We will see if that works out well for me the first time we go on an extended vacation, which will force me to pre-hyperchlorinate and probably reduce my filtration to 30 minutes a day. If that doesn't work out well, I'll probably install a cutoff switch for the ozone into the panel that will allow me to more finely dictate when ozone is running.

I have ozone in my A6

I use DiChlor and Bleach in mine.

The ozone does eat up some chlorine, but it is not a huge amount.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.