New build - St George UT

I measured a sample of unsoftened water from an outdoor hose bib with my K2006 kit; CH was right around 300 ppm, which sounds good for initial fill for our plaster pool.

Here in St George I would expect a fair amount of evaporation particularly in the warmer months, and not much fill from rainwater. Should I consider running a softened water tap to the equipment pad for auto fill, or could the $$ be better spent elsewhere?

In fact, we are planning to install an outdoor hot/cold shower fairly close by anyway, so perhaps a soft water tap for auto fill might not be a big deal, but I would only do it if it is of benefit….

Reactions: Pat60
Great pool location, you will enjoy it. One suggestion, take copious amount of photos. Not for posting here, but we do like photos, your photos can help you down the line to know where your plumbing is at. What goes where and how it’s plumbed. I am looking forward to watching your build.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Last week, it was poured. Unfortunately I was out of town, so no time-lapse, but the job looks good. The PB and my son watered the shell on the dry days, and since then, nature took care of it with very mild temperatures and rain showers. Later this week we choose tile and plaster. Leaning toward Quartscape Mariner Blue or Tahoe Blue.

IMG_0030.jpegIMG_0031.jpegIMG_0032.jpegIMG_0033.jpegIMG_0034.jpegIMG_0035 (1).jpeg

The view from the house
IMG_0036.jpeg

And from the deep-end bench....
IMG_0037.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.