New build/ Plumbing pipe sticking out.

christyr03

Nov 30, 2021
Houston
We are building our pool and this is our first time building. Excavation was done, rebar was done, some of the pluming was done and gunite was done . However, this pipe is sticking out and it is worrying me. This pipe drains our water from te, laundry room and idk what else. PN said they will reroute the pluming and that this happens all the time. I am worried about how they will patch up where the pipe is at. I feel completely clueless and cannot find any threads on this topic. Can anyone help/advice?

As far as how to patch the hole after the pipe is remove, a hydraulic cement mix that has the equivalent PSI as the Shotcret/Gunite.
“this happens all the time” is what you should be worried about, competent supervision would have never allowed this to happen in the first place.

Reactions: KJB1
As far as how to patch the hole after the pipe is remove, a hydraulic cement mix that has the equivalent PSI as the Shotcret/Gunite.
“this happens all the time” is what you should be worried about, competent supervision would have never allowed this to happen in the first place.
Should I be worried? I am really worried. Originally the pool was suppose to start closer to the left. However we removed the AC unit and the PB said he could shift it to the right so it can be more centered. The pipe looks odd sticking out like that. My wondering is how are they going to reroute it and how are they going to patch it up?

I don’t completely understand the purpose of the Pipe. Is it under pressure or is it a drain pipe?
If it’s under pressure it can be re routed fairly easily, if it’s a drain pipe that’s gravity fed that’s going to be a bit harder. Patching the hole after the pipe has been removed from the wall of the pool is typically done with a hydraulic patch mix.

Best would have been to reroute when the hole was dug. Still never too late. To me this is a pain in the azz to work with while the form and rebar is being worked on but I guess they thought otherwise. They will cut and reconnect going around the shell and just use the proper materials to close the holes up. The main Waterproofing material here is the plaster so no worries.

I don’t completely understand the purpose of the Pipe. Is it under pressure or is it a drain pipe?
If it’s under pressure it can be re routed fairly easily, if it’s a drain pipe that’s gravity fed that’s going to be a bit harder. Patching the hole after the pipe has been removed from the wall of the pool is typically done with a hydraulic patch mix.
It’s a drain pipe. I flushed the toilet and turned on the shower and water came out. I don’t know why they did not re-route it when the hole was dug. I think they just have it there so our water system can function for us.

Yeah seems they made it harder on themselves leaving it until after the gunite was shot. My guess is the contractor didn’t have anyone reroute it before the shotcrete contractor showed up, so it was a timing issue. If patched correctly, it won’t show and won’t affect the function of the pool. I’d make sure that your sewer drain functions well before you pay them for the pool.

Dan

I would make sure that a License plumber to the rerouting and have a plumber of your choosing inspect the work and/or have the AHJ inspect it before going much further.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah seems they made it harder on themselves leaving it until after the gunite was shot. My guess is the contractor didn’t have anyone reroute it before the shotcrete contractor showed up, so it was a timing issue. If patched correctly, it won’t show and won’t affect the function of the pool. I’d make sure that your sewer drain functions well before you pay them for the pool.

Dan
I am assuming that when he decided to shift the pool. He did not think the pipes were going to be there.😭 they did tell me right away they were going to reroute them when the plumbers came back after gunite but I am wondering why not when they broke it.

From the picture the pitch of the pipe looks pretty good but now they have to use that pitch with long 90's and more pipe and still meet up on the other side. A tricky one for sure, hopefully it can be achieved without too much trouble. Need a real expert for sure as not much room for error. Make sure all pipe ends are sanded smooth so nothing gets hung up otherwise it's trouble forever.

I would also recommend sewer clean outs before the pool and one between the last two 90's on the other side of the pool which come up to ground level with a threaded cap. Incase you have sewer problems you can snake it first from those outside spots before going from in the house.

• Love
Reactions: Bill1974 and Leebo
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.