New build - Plano Texas

That pool is sexy looking! Gorgeous - and even better after the acid wash I'm sure.

Hi SunnyInTexas, Unfortunately the hole spacing is not universal, they do make a universal retro fit pool main drain that has pegs on the underside of the drain that swivel to allow the drain to fit many different hole patterns, the problem is that drain is not flush. The only flush drains that I'm aware of are the 32" pool channel drains, I believe all of the round drains are no longer flush to comply with the VGB Anti Entrapments Safety Laws. I'm sorry I don't have better news.

Thank You
Patrick
www.inyopools.com

Hi SunnyInTexas, Unfortunately the hole spacing is not universal, they do make a universal retro fit pool main drain that has pegs on the underside of the drain that swivel to allow the drain to fit many different hole patterns, the problem is that drain is not flush. The only flush drains that I'm aware of are the 32" pool channel drains, I believe all of the round drains are no longer flush to comply with the VGB Anti Entrapments Safety Laws. I'm sorry I don't have better news.

Thank You
Patrick
www.inyopools.com

OK, thank you for the info Patrick, and thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

It was dark when I got home but I think the acid washing came out great! What a difference! We have around a foot of water in the "deep" end now. I'll get some pics in the morning when it is light. Super exciting, I almost can't believe we are finally filling it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If that is what it looks like now................it is going to be WOWER when it is done and balanced! OH my!

If I did not say if before do not worry if you see some green. That will go away as the water gets balanced. It will be a couple/few weeks for the final color of the plaster to show it's self.

Kim:kim:

I had asked my PB when I need to take over the water chemistry and he said not to worry, they are on top of it and they take care of the start up and the next two weeks up until they connect the heater (which would be through 2/15 or 2/16). He said they would let me know after that last check to take over. Saturday evening I decided to test the water to get my feet wet, and the pH was off the scale high. The next day I went to the small pool store down the road to buy acid and also brought a water sample to see what they tested it at. They estimated pH around 8.8-9. I'm a bit worried because I don't know if it just went up that high over the last couple days, or if it has been high all along. After adding about 1 and 1/4 gallons of MA I have the pH down to 7.5. I feel really dumb for relying on the PBs service guys and not checking sooner, and I hope no damage was done by the out of control ph. My FC was zero so I added enough Clorox to get up to 1ppm after I got the pH down. Not sure how quickly I am supposed to raise FC to the recommended target FC since my plaster is new. I'm sure it says somewhere in this forum so I'll look around this evening. But, if anyone reading this wants to give me the answer that would be OK too ;)

Here are my other parameters according to the pool store. I have not tested these yet personally but will over the next couple days.
TA 140 (before I added the acid, I'm sure it is lower now)
CH 180
CYA 20-30

Even with it being new plaster you can raise anything as fast as you can. I would turn the pump on high and pour the chlorine in slowly in front of a return or two.

Have 15 mins of pump run time in between adding muratic acid and chlorine. They do not play well together.

Go to Pool Math. Make sure you have your water temp. Fill in your test results. Now look at your CSI. Post here your full test results and the CSI score. We will go from there. I don't believe there will be any long term damage from them not taking good care of your levels. It is more when it happens month after month.

Even with it being new plaster you can raise anything as fast as you can. I would turn the pump on high and pour the chlorine in slowly in front of a return or two.:kim:

I could have sworn I read with new plaster you should raise the FC gradually. I thought that was on this forum, but it may have been a plaster manufacturers website. You are saying it is OK for me to go to 5ppm at this stage?

Most people get their levels balanced with in 72 hours of the pool being full so ...............yeah get that FC up! You don't want to get algae a foot hold in the pretty new pool!

Gradually means a lot of things...........over a day? over a week? At this time in your plasters life you should be good to go for full FC according to your CYA levels.

OK, when I got home I tested chlorine and pH. pH had drifted up to 7.8 and FC was around 1. I added 121 ounces of 8.25 bleach and 30 ounces of MA half an hour apart. It was very still outside, so I got my first wiff of MA fumes. Not cool, but I seem to be fine. About an hour and a half later I swept the pool and then did my first full round of testing. I'm fairly comfortable with the accuracy of my results, except maybe the CYA. My eyes were crossing and I wasn't sure if I was seeing the dot, or if my mind just knew it was there. I tested the TA and CH a bit higher than the pool store (they got 100 TA and 175 CH), but I did each test twice and got the same result each time. They also told me my TDS is 500, but I don't have a test for that. Here are my results:

FC 6 (I was shooting for 5, not sure what happened there)
CC 0.5
pH 7.5
TA 140
CH 275
CYA 20
Water Temp 74
CSI 0.13

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.