New build, north DFW again!

Look at that skimmer box tile. THAT is how it should be done. It looks balanced and neat.

The reason I pointed that out is there was one build where they messed up that kind of thing over and over. It was a mess. It took lots of fussing and effort on the owners part for them to fix it.

Kim

Look at that skimmer box tile. THAT is how it should be done. It looks balanced and neat.

The reason I pointed that out is there was one build where they messed up that kind of thing over and over. It was a mess. It took lots of fussing and effort on the owners part for them to fix it.

Kim

Thanks Kim, my wife is happy with the way they did the tile work.

Hi all! I'm PigIron's wife. Thank you so much for your input and advice so far, we really appreciate it! I have a quick question: We are looking for outdoor fans for the arbor that is being built, and our porch. Should we get fans with or without lights? I heard that LED bulbs don't attract bugs, but I don't know if that's true. We were thinking that there will be many nights we may want lights when we're sitting outside. What we don't want...to attract too many bugs! What do you recommend? Lights or no lights on our outdoor fans?

Yes LEDs attract less bugs due to less heat and almost no UV emissions. It does not eliminate them completely but far less than incandescent and CFL bulbs and looks better than yellow bulbs. I replaced all my outdoor bulbs with LED and notice a big difference.

With bulbs in your ceiling fan you are centralizing your light dispersion which may not light the space as evenly as having LED bulbs placed throughout the arbor. Someone recently posted a shot here of using LED fixtures in their arbor and they were real happy with it.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...-Litchfield-Park-AZ*-Presidential-Pools/page8

With bulbs in your ceiling fan you are centralizing your light dispersion which may not light the space as evenly as having LED bulbs placed throughout the arbor. Someone recently posted a shot here of using LED fixtures in their arbor and they were real happy with it.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...-Litchfield-Park-AZ*-Presidential-Pools/page8

I've been following that thread, but completely forgot about the lights. We really like that idea, thank you for bring that up post.

The stone work is coming along nicely. I got home to late to take any good pictures. They are about done with the backside of the raised wall, and are about to start on the spa spill over. Rain is expected, so we are not expecting any work to be done tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes LEDs attract less bugs due to less heat and almost no UV emissions. It does not eliminate them completely but far less than incandescent and CFL bulbs and looks better than yellow bulbs. I replaced all my outdoor bulbs with LED and notice a big difference.

We are very pleased with the LED lights we had installed and work very well. We don't have a large bug issue here (except the darn seasonal fly seasons) so I can't answer on the lesser/more.

Stone is looking very nice as well!

Yes also curious about blown in gravel bed... I didn't watch while in ground cleaning system going in my pool just saw end product and I guess they just dug each cleaner and then re buried... Hard clay in Atlanta so guess that's why?? They put rebar after that and inspection this Friday... Not entirely sure where all piping going under pool but would lie to know what benefits there are to hang piping buried in clay under pool vs what looks like will be within shotcrete and the pool shell itself... Like in this pic

Yes also curious about blown in gravel bed... I didn't watch while in ground cleaning system going in my pool just saw end product and I guess they just dug each cleaner and then re buried... Hard clay in Atlanta so guess that's why?? They put rebar after that and inspection this Friday... Not entirely sure where all piping going under pool but would lie to know what benefits there are to hang piping buried in clay under pool vs what looks like will be within shotcrete and the pool shell itself... Like in this pic

This is just something my PB does. When I asked recently, they said that "it is a flashing procedure. It is a positive addition prior to Gunite".... :)

Just really noticing again how your stone work is picking up the light mortar in your bricks from the house very nicely and the dark blue tiles really sets the stone work off. on the back raised wall - where it sort of looks like weeping holes at the bottom in the cement block - what are those for? -Karen

Just really noticing again how your stone work is picking up the light mortar in your bricks from the house very nicely and the dark blue tiles really sets the stone work off. on the back raised wall - where it sort of looks like weeping holes at the bottom in the cement block - what are those for? -Karen

Thanks Karen, Color choices is all my wife. :)

The weeping holes are actually where the diagonal wood framing for the raised wall was. You can see them in the bottom of this picture.

More progress on the stone work... Not any complaints from us so far, looks good.

15542983117_d432835efa_c.jpg

15729722502_cc9491b165_c.jpg

15543317560_00e4ae9b3d_c.jpg

15542277679_f5bde5b421_c.jpg

They also started working on the cedar arbor.

15543316630_f1ae4234f3_c.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.