New Build - League City, TX

And we are FULL!

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTYtMjAxMTA2MjktMDYzNy5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTctMjAxMTA2MjktMDYzNy5qcGc.jpg

Nice to see how "clean" our city water is......
utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTgtMjAxMTA2MjktMDY0OS5qcGc.jpg

PB to come by today to fire up our equipment. They said we need to get the chems straight, but should be swimming in 4-5 days!

PB came out Wednesday and dumped about 3 gal of muratic in it, dropped some pucks in the skimmer, filled up the rainbow, and cranked her up.

Initially, there were a few brown streaks and some splotches in the plaster, but between the brushing and the chemicals, they are fading pretty quickly.

I forgot to take pics in the daylight, but I am amazed that the water is as clear as it is already. Its looking really good. Ph is still low (hovering between 6.2-6.8, but I am assuming that is from all the muratic, as I was told we are going to run thru that like water for a while. FC is holding between 1-3.

The single LED light turned out to be OK. Not a vegas show, but the front half is lit up by the porch light, and the colors still filters thru the whole pool. I guess since its so narrow down the front leg it bounces back and forth. Personally, I would have like two lights, but its good enough, and I still have $700 to spend on palms :)

Definitely on for a swim this weekend.

Spray deck scheduled for Wednesday/Thursday, and then we can get our landscaping done.

ALMOST DONE! At least we will be able to cool off a bit while working on this dang thang!

If you haven't already got that test kit get it now. I could not find the Taylor K-2006 locally so I ordered the TF-100 over the internet. Although shipping is fast it will take a few days to arrive and you need it to get your water balanced and sanitized. You don't want it to go green because you delayed getting a good test kit. If you have not done so yet, study the Pool School so you get off to a good start and ask questions here as they arrive. Our experience is that most pool stores and pool builders do not give very good advice on maintaining your water.

Thanks for all the comments. Its not a real big pool, but we squeezed as much as we could back there, and are very happy with the results.
I did buy a TF kit, can't find where I put it right now, but its somewhere around the house. I have been using the strips for now.
I can't even guess how many times I have read Pool School. Great info in there. In fact, my PB also recommended that I read it.

Good stuff! I'll post some pics when we get our deck finished up :)

Your pool looks good! I'm happy to see you are basically done and can stay cool here in TX.

Got a question for you.........what is "spray deck"? Something like Kool Deck?

Thx!

B.S.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks!

As best as I can tell, spraydeck is very similiar to Kool Deck. It is some sort of a multi-layer expoxy resin type "stuff". Here is the site that the PB gave us (we also had samples and real pics to look at). We choose the Sandstone color.
http://www.poolworkstx.com/pages/decking.html

Our flagstone was called Arizona Moss. It has some tans, browns, and pink/rose tones. It goes really well with our house brick. Our plaster was Wetedge Luna Quartz. The plaster color was Pacific, but I think they call is Aruba now (or vice versa, can't remember. We LOVE the texture and feel of it. We got a ton of compliments on it @ our first pool party yesterday. Good stuff!

Our little oasis is pretty much complete. Still need to do some landscaping, but we might wait until the Spring to do that. Not much use in trying to get something planted if we can't keep it alive...

Updated pics :)

Spray Decking
utf-8BSU1HMDAzMzktMjAxMTA3MDctMTgwMC5qcGc.jpg

Waterfall
utf-8BSU1HMDAzNDAtMjAxMTA3MDktMTQxNS5qcGc.jpg

Items left:
Waterfall - Not flowing real good. Need to fix that somehow.
Paint the weeper pipes
Vacuum
Brown streaks in plaster
White splotches in plaster
Grind some of the flagstone edges
Pool school
Final inspection

Thanks to all for your suggestions and comments thru this. I'm REALLY glad I found this site.

Happy Swimming!

poolflood said:
So, it's been a year - 2 questions
Are you still happy with the quartz finish and
Are you still happy w/the pb?
(in pearland and looking to sign a contract in 3 weeks or so)

VERY happy with both the finish, and the builder. We have had zero issues with the equipment/construction. We did have a couple of user errors though..... :wink:
We get TONS of compliments on the color as well.

I can't give enough kudos to Pearland Pools. They did us right. They were straight forward, honest, and didn't try to "sell" us on things we didn't need.

Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.