New Build - Las Vegas NV - Owner/Builder

Well, we have a pool!! Got our pre-plaster inspection on Wednesday, then plaster Saturday 4/15. That puts us at 11 weeks since we broke ground! The weather was perfect for plaster - 78 degrees and no wind.

We started filling it Saturday afternoon and it was full by 230am on Sunday. Total volume was right at 15,000 gallons, which is a couple thousand less than engineered, but I'm fine with that.

Next, landscaping!

20230415_083659.jpg

20230415_160819.jpg

20230415_185017.jpg

20230415_191230.jpg

20230416_192105.jpg

20230416_194617.jpg

I have a 011056 VSF and I'd like to turn it on and off remotely but I don't have Pentair automation. I can use a wifi or bluetooth switch, so I'd essentially have a 110v trigger wire.

Is there an input terminal direct to the pump that will turn it on/off? Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You might be able to use a relay that is triggered with the low voltage wire to switch the higher voltage to the pump.

But why? A VS pump is designed to always be powered on. It should not be switched such that power is removed. You use the scheduling feature on the control pad of the pump if you do not have automation.

You might be able to use a relay that is triggered with the low voltage wire to switch the higher voltage to the pump.

But why? A VS pump is designed to always be powered on. It should not be switched such that power is removed. You use the scheduling feature on the control pad of the pump if you do not have automation.
Many reasons - Kasa app is much more user friendly than the screen on the pump. I usually run my sheer as a return, and it's nice to turn it off via phone if it's windy outside. It's easier to sync the Kasa controlled SWG with the app.

Curious, why was my thread moved? It seems like when a new thread is started with keywords in the title like 'trigger pump' that people down the road can search for, it seems counterintuitive to bury this question on page 6 of a build thread. I know when I search for topics, I usually search titles only to come up with the most relevant results. I understand not wanting to clutter up the forum in general, but leaving independent threads regarding a specific issue seems like the whole point of forums in general.

Also, the amount of people looking at page 6 of my thread is probably nill, compared to the amount of people that could potentially answer my question on page 1 the Everything Else forum for a day or two.

Many reasons - Kasa app is much more user friendly than the screen on the pump. I usually run my sheer as a return, and it's nice to turn it off via phone if it's windy outside. It's easier to sync the Kasa controlled SWG with the app.
Just remember, the pump is not designed to be turned on and off by removing the power to it. The electronics are designed to be powered on all the time.

I sent you a PM on your other issue.

Small updates -

We added salt and I installed the SWG after 5 weeks. Everything is working great so far and we're extremely happy with the pool. We had some artificial turf installed around it last weekend.

20230521_175835.jpg

Next - Outdoor kitchen,, fire feature, and more landscaping! At least we have somewhere nice to cool off while working now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.