New Build in South Louisiana

Never woke up last night like I expected to. The pool is now FULL. When I turned the water off it was just starting to trickle over the deck. Oops.

The plaster color is a little darker than I expected. Not a bad thing but I was kind of expecting a shade lighter. I know it will still change some so maybe when it clears up and the green tinge goes away it will be closer to what I expected. Regardless I think the Diamondbrite turned out awesome. The exposure on the quartz looks really nice in all of my shallow areas. Can even see some sparkle in the deep end.

Supposed to get final grade work and sod started tomorrow. Can't wait to be done with the dirt and mud.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 261
Color looks really cool!

That picture reminds me that in my next life I want a perimeter overflow pool.

Been brushing lots. My daughter can't wait to get in. 71 degree water. Too cold for me but she'll swim until she's blue. Builder said we are ok to swim now since we did not do an acid start. If weather holds the next couple of days maybe she will get to break it in one day this week after school

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Water is clearing up nicely and the color is lightening up a bit.

So ready for this mud, dirt and sand to be gone. Hopefully the weather cooperates and I actually get my sod down on Monday as rescheduled.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 159
THE MUD IS GONE! Sod went down and the new teak table and chairs showed up. Also picked up a few of the cheap plastic adarondacks from Lowes for additional seating.

Just st about finished. Still have perimeter landscape to do but at least most of the yard is back to normal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 136
Been enjoying the pool. Wanted to post another picture with the landscaping done and fountains on along with another that really shows the sparkle of my marker tile in the sun. Also gives an idea of how much the Steel Blue color changes depending on light.

Attachments

• Pool Fountains.jpg
    Pool Fountains.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 143
  • Pool Steps.jpg
    Pool Steps.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 147
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.