New Build In Simi Valley

Slide is painted now. We are scheduled for pebble on Wednesday which would be a Thursday acid wash and fill.
0a51c42f1ff4d508cfa2cfa56312e4d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What color of plaster did you end up picking?

Did they really try to "slow" the slide down? I hope not! The faster the better!

Kim

We picked the Aqua Blue and will put the shimmering shells in it. No I don't think they slowed the slide down. Luckily it's got high walls to keep us in it.

What is the plan with the exposed concrete on the slide facing the pool?

The side of the slide is stuccoed with grey for now but will be matched to the house.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow, the slide looks awesome. I loved the color in the 1st pic, but from the distance the pic was taken it looked like a solid color. Now that I can see the light and dark shades in it, I like it even that much more. Well done!!

I too think the stucco will look better painted like the steps, it's color is pretty bright in comparison to all those beautiful darker, and neutral earth tones all around it.

I'm so excited for you guys, and everything is continuing to come along just beautifully. Have a wonderful night. :)

Wow, the slide looks awesome. I loved the color in the 1st pic, but from the distance the pic was taken it looked like a solid color. Now that I can see the light and dark shades in it, I like it even that much more. Well done!!

I too think the stucco will look better painted like the steps, it's color is pretty bright in comparison to all those beautiful darker, and neutral earth tones all around it.

I'm so excited for you guys, and everything is continuing to come along just beautifully. Have a wonderful night. :)

Thanks Crackerjack. We are very excited to be at this point.

Any chance you could scrap the stucco and put the same stone up as the rest of the pool?

The stucco really looks out of place...In fact, i'd put the stone on the side of the staircase and the risers as well

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is what I thought when I saw it. Even if it is painted the same color as the stairs I think it will stand out too much with it being a flat surface where there is some much stone and rock.

Kim

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is what I thought when I saw it. Even if it is painted the same color as the stairs I think it will stand out too much with it being a flat surface where there is some much stone and rock.

Kim

I agree with this UNLESS there will be plants in the dirt around the waterfall. That might break up the stucco look and kind of a lot of cost to do the stone if it will be mostly hidden or in the background.

Pebble is in! Acid wash tomorrow and then we start filling. As for the wall we are going to paint it to match the stairs and there will be plants in front of it. I think putting on stone facing would be too much stone.
005136845994b4842b4ca22470de01e4.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.