New build in Sierra Vista, AZ ( SE of Tucson 70 miles)

b65bbee96c5e782c5212ddaed9cf78ce.jpg

As you can see, my pool really needs one more globrite in the center and it would be off the charts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you go all Globrites and you think you'll need 4, go with 5! May want to 1 intellibrite and a globrite in the shelf. If I would have done one more globrite, my pool would go from excellent to spectacular!!!

I'm leaning towards one Intellibrite in the deep end (slightly angled away from the house), and one globrite in the shelf, that hopefully lights the shelf well, and also gives just a little extra to the shallow end since the deep end is so far away....

Your pool looks great with four glowbrites...by the way! Lol...

- - - Updated - - -

b65bbee96c5e782c5212ddaed9cf78ce.jpg

As you can see, my pool really needs one more globrite in the center and it would be off the charts.

I'm only have one shelf, so maybe 4 globrites would be the sweet spot?

Hello all,

The crew is staking out our new build as I type, we are so excited to be able to do this project for our family. Here is a before picture, and also a picture of the design. After they put the paint down and explained that would be the dig area and the water area would be 1' less all around, I asked how much to include an extra foot around the entire pool. The price seemed reasonable, so we will now have a 34x22, instead of 32x20.... I just thought it looked too small after I seen it, but I'm sure that is common, we felt the same way when they were forming up our house.

The Huachuca's in the background is so awesome. I really love southern Arizona.....

- - - Updated - - -

I'm leaning towards one Intellibrite in the deep end (slightly angled away from the house), and one globrite in the shelf, that hopefully lights the shelf well, and also gives just a little extra to the shallow end since the deep end is so far away....

Your pool looks great with four glowbrites...by the way! Lol...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm only have one shelf, so maybe 4 globrites would be the sweet spot?

Thank you. I appreciate the compliment. I am happy with my build. Once any project is done, I think you find little things that you would do different. I think with one intellibrite and a globrite in the shelf, your pool will be amazing.

Let the dirt and mud begin!

When they are done digging go out with your plans and make sure all benches and such are there. We just had one build where they forgot a bench :( They are having to redo the steel in that area.

Kim

That back yard is BEGGING for a pool!

Can't wait to watch this pool become an oasis!

They are now getting ready to begin the plumbing stage of my build. I've been reading as much as I can on the subject, but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions to lookout for, or ask for when plumbing is laid. I know that they use Jandy values, and I think they are plumbing everything separately, but still need to double check that. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes Ma'am, I've been watering it regularly. Luckily we're not in our hot season yet, I can't imagine how fast the water (concrete) would dry out in the dead of summer. On another note, my TF-100 test kit and speed stir device came today. Big day all around! Here is a picture of the finished shell...

Test your fill water tomorrow and let us know the results! What type of start-up are they planning?

I will test my fill water, definitely interested in seeing what I'll be working with. I'm on a well, and the water is great drinking water, but who knows what it'll be for the pool. I know they plan on doing an acid wash, but other than that I'm not sure what method of startup they are using. Should I ask them some certain questions about it?

So here are the numbers:

Calcium hardness- 150
Total alkalinity- 200
PH- 7.5

So, I know the PH looks good to go, should I be concerned with the others? I know the calcium hardness needs to be increased, or my water with try to suck it from my plaster, right? Also, when adding drops using a speed stirrer, do I need to stop the stir between each drop? Thanks in advance for all your help...can't wait to be swimming soon!

Here's some pictures of my equipment area, I know some people don't really care much for the preformed concrete pads, but how is the plumbing looking? It seems like heater heater is setup with a bypass, which is good. Any other comments or concerns I should bring up? It's not complete yet, I know my leaf Vac canister still needs to be put in, not sure what else.

The only thing I see that may be concerning is the distribution valve for the in-floor system needs to be as close to the pool as possible. I believe this is to maintain maximum efficiency. I have not see one plumbed at the equipment pad before.

Thought I'd share a few pictures with the tile in. They brought out my choice of glass 1x1 marker tile and it looked horrible in person, so we are waiting for the new stuff to come in (try to view all tile in person before selecting...lol). They are hopefully going to have everything ready by March 15th, we are coming back from a week's vacation that day, and then do the plaster and start-up the next couple of days after we return, then we can get started on landscaping...

I am READY to swim...the weather is getting nice here in Arizona!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.