New Build in North Texas (Frisco)

Okay here are my thoughts on your returns.

-I would see about adding one by the bench/table area on the back wall.......that are will be a "dead spot" if you do not

-the one to the right of the skimmer could push stuff away from the skimmer. I would think about removing it.

-the one to the left of the skimmer could be moved closer to the shelf to help clean it off

-the one on the right wall on the bench I would move all the way to the far end so it can push anything on the bench off.

:kim:

The gunite guys have arrived.

Preview_NVR_01_20161004_071443_302862265.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Look! It is a real pool now!

Did they have any questions/suggestions/concerns?

That looks great!

Now you get to start bonding with it aka watering it. When you get tired of watering by hand you can use a sprinkler LOL

Look! It is a real pool now!

Did they have any questions/suggestions/concerns?

That looks great!

Now you get to start bonding with it aka watering it. When you get tired of watering by hand you can use a sprinkler LOL

No, not really. There was a little confusion on the height of the little table in the curved bench. But once we got that worked out it was smooth sailing.

Now I just have to remember to keep it watered down.

sprinkler on a timer????? I like easy to "remember" LOL

Well I am glad you were there for that and there was nothing else! SWEET!

Okay now is the time start getting you ready for plaster......Here is the link to how we say to start plaster. You should run it by your PB as he is the one that holds the warranty card:

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Please note the 30 days no swimming depends on the start up method. Ask your PB when you can swim.

Here is a set of links I put together for new pool owners:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Do you have any idea what test kit he is giving you? If not see if you can find out and share it with us so we can fill in any holes.

sprinkler on a timer????? I like easy to "remember" LOL

Well I am glad you were there for that and there was nothing else! SWEET!

Okay now is the time start getting you ready for plaster......Here is the link to how we say to start plaster. You should run it by your PB as he is the one that holds the warranty card:

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Please note the 30 days no swimming depends on the start up method. Ask your PB when you can swim.

Here is a set of links I put together for new pool owners:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Do you have any idea what test kit he is giving you? If not see if you can find out and share it with us so we can fill in any holes.

Thanks for all of the links. I will be pouring over them.

I don't know what test kit they are giving me. But based on what I've learned on TFP, I plan on ordering the TF-100 from testkits.net. And then use whatever my PB gives me just for their pool school.

Not a whole lot going on at the moment. I have been watering the pool twice a day for about a week now (per instructions). Guys are coming and going work on the rough-in of the plumbing and electric. I am expecting the tile and stone work to begin soon.

Preview_NVR_02_20161012_105350_1007201531.jpg

I'd have thought it to be easier to remove that sod at your equipment pad location BEFORE they formed it, but everyone has their own way. Just be aware and make sure it is removed before the pour. A little stone base wouldn't be out of line either . . .

Ok, finally some visible progress today. The tile guys were here bright and early. They just finished putting the waterline tile around the edge. I have to say I'm not 100% thrilled with my tile selection. It seems a little dingy to me. I picked a dark blue with brown streaks in it. But I think it will look better when the flagstone coping is in.

Preview_NVR_01_20161013_150727_75309421.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.