New Build in NE FL

View attachment 63851 FYI. CL Industries Blue Pearl Finish on our pool they just filled. Looks great

Thanks for sharing. I am guessing it is green bc of recent filling and will change once chemistry is right? We saw a Blue Pearl that had been running for a few months and it wasn't green at all. And the online video and pics show a rich, vibrant blue... Hmm. Love your travertine by the way!

Kristin, hope you can see the pics! I take lots of pics but I upload and host them via facebook so may be why your work computer isn't showing them. Many work computers block social media sites.

Coping was to be finished today but as of 120pm, nothing had been done. The construction manager was out working on the conduit for the wiring for the under step lights though. PB said Sat or Mon will be when they bust out the concrete patio and they still have the deadline of Wed by 10am for all deck prep to be completed. The constant rain isn't helping. I did mention the chunk missing off of the column coping to PB and also informed him I was ok using the TM travertine for coping on the spa if needed BUT they had to make sure the local store travertine and the TM travertine were well mixed on top of the spa and the wall as the colors arent the same and the only way to hide that was to mix them up very well. The coping guy, Presidente, said he will be making a custom bull nose once the coping is set up on the spa.

It's quite possible it will become clearer once the salt treatment is implemented. This was fresh out of the hose. Although anything looks better than the swamp I'd been looking at the past few weeks. I'll repost in a month. Love your pics!

I feel ya on the swamp. We have rusty, orange filth at the bottom of the pool now from the iron in the ground water, the frog poop, decaying vegetation, mosquito larvae, etc. Just so nasty! All I know is we aren't the ones cleaning it up! Can't wait to see your pics in the coming days and weeks. Also love the perspective of your pics. Is that a 2nd story view or a drone?

No action even though PB said coping was to be finished Friday and concrete removal starting Sat. Hoping they hustle this week bc PB is aware we have termite appt scheduled for 10am Wed and they spray 4 feet out from the house so all deck prep must be done.

But a little funny thing did happen. I am sitting here watching Flip or Flop on HGTV and Christina pulls out a ledger stone sample for a backyard BBQ they are doing and I am like whoa that looks like my stone!
19225183_10211862661149141_2911074564944115361_n.jpg

I am just convinced! And then she lays it down and the bottom edge shows the color - SIERRA BLUE! After our stone color fiasco that we had, I will never forget this color stone. Neither will my PB! :lol:
19248100_10211862660789132_2973208574749040661_n.jpg

I love the homes Christina designs so makes me feel good knowing I picked out the same stone she did. Lol and I bet they didnt get sent 2 different brands and 2 different colors.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So gas company finally came by today. None of the big name companies would call us back to schedule an appt so we found a local mom and pop company. First, per Haywards instructions, which sorry but of course they didnt read them as guys installed it ;) , the heater has to be 6" away from the house and right now it is only 3" and also the side where the burner is needs 24" of clearance so the burner can be serviced. So all this is in the Hayward manual and this is their first time working with Hayward so kind of would think it would be double checked? So I dont know what is involved to fix it but add another thing to the list.

Also, in regards to the gas tank, it has to be 10 feet away from an ignition source which pushes it allllll the way down to the furthest corner from the pool which also happens to be the front corner of the house. I am not keen on having a tank sticking off thr front corner of the house. If we try to hide it with bushes, well first we cant plant anything in front of the house bc we have no gutters and everything we tried to plant dies from erosion and too much water. Not to mention the need to trim them what? At least once a month? Lol we aren't the best when it comes to landscaping. Ugh just when you start to make progress, more wrenches are thrown at you.

So now I asked hubby to call and request the cost of burying the tank. It is a 120 gallon horizontal tank. He said with our fire pit, 2 bowls, and 400k that we should only need a refill once a year.

I left at 930am and yet again, no one here. The concrete was going to be busted out Fri, then Sat, then Mon, now Tues. And still no coping guy.. Yeah that was promised to be finished Thurs last week. I find it very frustrating when they send their crews out to other jobs that were started months after ours instead of finishing this job that has been going since Feb. Not trying to be negative all the time but geezus. I am super patient and understanding but this is wearing on my last nerve.

BUT you have all the right in the world to be upset and mad gurrrrrrrrrrrr............their word means nothing to them and that is sad :(

:hug: I hope you find a way to work through all of this. Can the tank go over there??? as in a whole different place but NOT in the front of the house?

It has to stay on this side bc the other side of the house is too long of a line from tank to heater. Heck, we can dig the hole. I just want it hidden. It can't go 10 feet away from the house bc we have a pond there. Hoping burying it willbe an option. The good news to lease the tank, it is only $72 a year. Not sure if you can bury a leased tank though.

Shantelly - I was told we could not bury a leased tank. To buy the tank is $2,000 and $550 to bury it. It pretty hard to put out another $2,550 right now when we can lease for $85 a month, but I also don't want to look at a 500 gallon tank. Still deciding.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.