New Build in Katy, TX

They are here starting up the pool. One thing I was surprised at is that the bubblers are hooked to the main pump. I assumed and am pretty sure I was told that they would be tied to the waterfall pump so they could be controlled with the automation. Anybody have any thoughts on that?

To me it seems strange to have the bubblers on every time the pump is running.

I originally requested that bubblers and deck jets be on the feature pump and selected and a second 3hp VS Pentair XF22005 pump. PB said they should be on the circulation pump as he said there wouldn't be enough power to run anything but 3 sheers.

I agreed to the bubblers on the circulation pump as I wasn't a member of TFP at that time to learn about aeration. But I insisted the deck jets be on the feature pump. PB did not listen and installed those on the circulation pump too.

I am ok with bubblers on the circulation pump as on the low speed I run the pump most of the time they are very low.
But I told the PB I want the deck jets changed to the feature pump and he still won't change it saying not enough power. I can run the sheers ok on speed 2 (1500 rpm) and excellent on speed 3 so I have plenty of power. PB signed the plumbing diagram for the deck jets on the feature pump and it says "subject to change in the field". So this will be a bad situation before final payment on pool coming up.

Also somewhat unrelated, but something no one on TFP seems to have is a U loop from the circulation pump to the inline chlorinator that I never asked for and don't want. He won't change that either, even though I told him I would be adding a SWG later.

Congratulations Tommy :cheers:

That is one good looking pool with the spa, rocks and waterfall all blending in and complimenting each other.

Keep us up to date with the rest of the start-up, brushing and balancing.

BTW my PB was just here and he will change the deck jets over to the feature pump and I will be able to control them & sheers with the remote.

They need to be OFF of the main pump. That should be an easy change. You do not want them tied into the main pump. The bubblers will drive up the PH. Now it IS easy to push the PH down (muriatic acid) but you should be able to run your cleaner and such on it's own. With the pump driving the bubblers it take away from the cleaner so..........not as much power to the cleaner.

Hmmmm, I was told it was done for circulation (to keep stuff from sitting on the tanning ledge). :confused:

Tommy - Congratulations on the pool plaster and fill up...it looks gorgeous. The eclipse / deep blue sea combination is stunning.

Regarding the bublers, it is a good indicator that main pump is on. For me, I see my 360 spa overflowing to know that pump is on. A couple of times I noticed that the spa was not overflowing and realized that the breaker was tripped. ( PB is supposed to replace breaker - he had a similar issue with a bad breaker at another build). So, to me, this is a great feature....at a glance I know that pump is running as needed.

- - - Updated - - -

I will check tomorrow - but even if they are there, I do not notice them at all. I had a couple of areas in the spa that seemed a bit more severe, the pool was not bad.

Once you get busy entertaining and doing flips into the pool, you forget about these little things.

Did Phil's get better with the brushing? Do we know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm, I was told it was done for circulation (to keep stuff from sitting on the tanning ledge). :confused:

I have a jet at the rear of the tanning ledge pointed at the wall that should help with that.

Thanks for the compliments. We are ecstatic with how the color turned out. We sometimes just stare out the window at it when we're walking by. It reminds us of the water in Kauai, which is what we were shooting for. Here's a shot from where we stay in Kauai, followed by the pool pic. I think we got pretty close! The good part is the water color is starting to get even prettier now that the pumps are on and the put some muriatic acid in the pool yesterday. I can't wait to see what it looks like after a week of getting the water in check.

87703cc49ab202365fcc5656c6256129.jpg

04f82ac9527d6a80796da1e45b3af314.jpg

Reactions: Kahler33
I'm looking at doing my own landscaping because it's alot cheaper than hiring somebody to do it. I wanted to see what your thoughts were on the combination of plants/grasses that I'm thinking about and if they'll go together and work in the Texas heat. The plants I'm thinking about are Pineapple Guava, Pygmy Date Palm, Birds of Paradise, Hibiscus, Drift Roses, Cherokee Sedge Grass, and Purple Fountain Grass. I can't quite figure out what I want to do along the back of the pool.

I've attached the overhead 3D picture roughly showing where I would want things to go. However, not being a landscaper I'm not sure how well all of this would work together. Any input on plants or locations of plants that I should change would be greatly appreciated. Not much progress on the pool the past couple of days with the rain we've been getting. Hopefully things pickup soon, I'm ready to not get muddy everytime I go in the backyard.

The dimensions for the front flower bed are 9' x 4', and the flower bed by the spa is 5.5'x2.5'. Currently there is an 18" drop from the coping to the original grading of the yard, but they are supposed to be bringing that to less than 12", so I'd like to put something back there, but don't want to block the view of the lake from the pool. Also, the fire bowls at the corners of the waterfall are 2' above the level of the decking and the center of the waterfall is 3.5' high, and from the verticle view is 10' from the edge to the center of the middle rock in a V pattern.

View when you walk out the back door

Front Flower Bed (We are likely adding more rock here)

Spa Flower Bed

Backside of the pool

Waterfall from the front

Corners of the waterfall with the fire rings

Side view of waterfall

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you and I will for sure post pictures when everything is lit.

I have a question about startup. I still haven't gotten my test kit, so I'm just letting them do the startup. I will say that they put chlorine tablets in the dispenser and muriatic acid in the pool. Today he was saying that he would probably put shock in the pool tomorrow and a stabilizer of some sort. Does this sound like the right way to be starting the pool? They have also mentioned putting metal out in it at some point, but to my knowledge it has not gone in yet. Again, is that something that is ok to be in the pool? This chemistry thing has me all kinds of confused, especially since I have no way of testing it myself at this point.

As far as landscaping, I would take your plan to a local.nursery (not a big box store like Houston Garden Center) because they will know plants and will help you pick out what you need. I have found if you go first thing in the morning, right after they open, everyone is ready and willing to help you.

There's one down the street from me and that's where I got some of these plant ideas from.....the gentleman helping me was extremely knowledgeable. I'm also waiting on my pool builder to get back to me on a landscaping quote, which would give me some additional ideas in regards to types of plants and where to place them.

Most of the time they put the metal stuff in right at full water but it does depend on your water source. Everything that he is doing is normal and will not hurt anything. Just ask how much stabilizer (CYA) he is putting in and HOW he will be putting it in. We suggest putting it in socks and hanging in front of the returns or one in the skimmer (in a sock) making sure to not block the water flow. IF he want to put in in the filter through the skimmer that will work BUT if you have to backwash or clean the filter before it is all dissolved you will lose some.

:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.