New build in DFW

Jase - looks great! I too, had/have a wet wall. It's been a source of frustration to say the least - all documented on my build thread. In fact, the stone guys just arrived to swap out the stone scuppers for sheer descents in the hopes that will cure the problem. You're pool is beautiful and I'm sure the kids will have a blast.

I am so happy to have come across your picks. Could you include a few more shots of the steps from the yard view? And also what the pool looks like along the back (ie the view of the pool behind the water feature)? I am in progress with an inground pool. I don't think the architect and the builder realized how much grading would need to be done from the pool. Our yard is also very sloped from the existing patio to the end of the yard. The biggest issue is the long run of the pool opposite the patio. We have an existing 6 foot fence that can't come down. It is 7 feet away from the pool and the top edge of the pool is 24 - 29 inches about ground level. I'd like to do something like yours where the back wall of the pool does is slightly above ground with no walkway around it and steps lead from the pool down to the current grade of the yard. I have been so upset all week with our current situation. Please post additional pics...I think your design is exactly what may work for me. Thanks in advance!

@Smbergman: I have about 4 ft or so of the back pool wall and waterfall above ground. I basically had a couple of choices. I could do a stone veneer around the back wall or hide it with landscaping. We decided to go with landscaping. The downside to landscaping is it takes awhile for it to grow and cover the area - I used indian hawthorns. Secondly, you have to choose something that does not drop all of its leaves in the winter and expose what you want to hide :). Pics here:

pool decking by Jason Nash, on Flickr

pool landscaping by Jason Nash, on Flickr

pool landscaping by Jason Nash, on Flickr

pool lighting by Jason Nash, on Flickr

pool led lighting by Jason Nash, on Flickr

pool led lighting by Jason Nash, on Flickr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.