New build in DFW area of Texas

Here are the pics of the gunite as promised! It's so exciting to have reached this point. Gunite crew was at our house at 7am and got right to it. Luckily we have great neighbors because that machine is crazy loud! They were finished by noon. Plumbers are scheduled for Monday with electricians Tuesday and hopefully stone work starting on Wednesday.

NjhXjwa.jpg

MWCDRmw.jpg

JC2QwHC.jpg

wapm8xW.jpg

That looks SO good! I love it all.

Have you been bonding with your pool yet? aka watering it. This helps slow the curing so it will not crack as much. Some cracking is normal so don't worry about it too much.

Kim:kim:

That looks SO good! I love it all.

Have you been bonding with your pool yet? aka watering it. This helps slow the curing so it will not crack as much. Some cracking is normal so don't worry about it too much.

Hi Kim! Thanks for the compliments. Yes! We have been watering it 2-3 times a day since Friday, our pool builder asked us to do that for the next 7 days and I am all about following the rules.. haha

I was going to chime in words of encouragement regarding the cave ins. Our dig took 7 days, non stop, 7am to 6pm every day bc of the cave ins. They deal with cave ins all the time as this is FL and we have sand and a high water table but they said ours was the worst so far. Yay. Esp when the hole is starting to go under the corner of the house! But very glad they got out there, fixed it, and you got your gunite! Love the design! Def need pics of the tile and other choices. I am with Kim on the need for BLING.

More updates! Plumbing was completed on Thursday morning (another 3 day rain delay)... Then the tile guys showed up Friday afternoon and got the water line tile installed! Then Friday night we got another round of storms, so we will slow back down for a couple of days while the ground dries out.

wvNERbO.jpg

g3lkgp5.jpg

aSnt1Uw.jpg

zC1mXBk.jpg

1HTz7U3.jpg

Love it! Those tiles look great! How did they do in the skimmer? The glance I could see looks good.

I like how much room you have to work on the filter! That one pump looks like it will be hard to work on though. I hope it is just the angle of the picture.

Another update! It won't quit raining in North Texas!!! Ugh... The amount of rain this June and July has been insane. With that said the stone and tile guys have started three times and have only been able to work those 3 days.. Here is their work so far:

Sx4cPG2.jpg

dOvsWUA.jpg

Tile is awesome withe the stone! This was one of the things I second guessed the most and in the end all turned out well....keep the pics coming and if you can create a signature with your pool info. It makes it easy to see basic info without going back to the beginning. Just a thought...other than that all seems well and no more cave ins...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Tile is awesome withe the stone! This was one of the things I second guessed the most and in the end all turned out well....keep the pics coming and if you can create a signature with your pool info. It makes it easy to see basic info without going back to the beginning. Just a thought...other than that all seems well and no more cave ins...

Thanks Cliff, my wife actually picked out the tile. I was very undecided so I just left it to her and I think she did great as well! I just wish we could go a couple of weeks without rain so they can get some consistent work done..

Really like your back wall! Our pools are similar in shape. We almost went with the same stone like that but decided on flagstone instead. I love seeing other peoples pools but man it makes me second guess every decision! I have been through building a house and a pool exceeds that in stress level. Especially since we are having a crazy wet summer in DFW!

Really like your back wall! Our pools are similar in shape. We almost went with the same stone like that but decided on flagstone instead. I love seeing other peoples pools but man it makes me second guess every decision! I have been through building a house and a pool exceeds that in stress level. Especially since we are having a crazy wet summer in DFW!

Wow! Our pools are very similar in shape! And we live very near each other, this wet summer was certainly not expected... Funny you say that about second guessing, we almost did our wall with the flagstone just like yours, but my wife saw a picture with the stacked stone and we made the switch at the last second. Your pool looks great! Does your pool builder have you scheduled for decking and plaster yet? We have both scheduled but the stone people have to finish soon to stay on schedule.

Wow! Our pools are very similar in shape! And we live very near each other, this wet summer was certainly not expected... Funny you say that about second guessing, we almost did our wall with the flagstone just like yours, but my wife saw a picture with the stacked stone and we made the switch at the last second. Your pool looks great! Does your pool builder have you scheduled for decking and plaster yet? We have both scheduled but the stone people have to finish soon to stay on schedule.

Yes decking is tentatively scheduled for next week but the RAIN!! They have been trying to clean up the mess from the stone work the last few days but our backyard is a swamp.. They also have to set the post for our pergola before decking and those have to be inspected of course they cannot do that because there is about 12" of water where they go. I absolutely hate cursing rain with the drought we had a few years back but it is just crazy how much rain we are getting all the way into July. It has been nice keeping the temp to a tolerable 95 degree max.

Time for a huge update! Sorry for being absent so long, everything just got rolling and never stopped!

Here is the stone complete and decking setup and ready for concrete.
CYguPdv.jpg

7Lqnw9y.jpg

a56aQTl.jpg

ZlnZ488.jpg

We got concrete the very next day and then 4 days later the plaster people showed up!
dqZuDTv.jpg

Sriu8EN.jpg

Once they finished filling began!
NsZovN4.jpg

The final product..
IeW7wRo.jpg

9LXoMhQ.jpg

GPPIetQ.jpg

My picture taking skills are awful. I need to get some of my wifes pic and share those.

So far we are happy, but the plaster has lots of discoloration, stripes, and mottling. The PB just keeps saying its curing and to be patient and to keep brushing. We used WetEdge Primera Stone in Midnight Breeze so if anyone has used this or been through this I would love to hear from you. We are brushing twice a day but the stuff we dont like about the plaster doesnt seem to be changing. Hopefully it will..

Look at you!!! You have a pool AND it has water in it!! NICE! Yeah some plasters do that. Some work it out with brushing and some need a little extra help with muriatic acid. Most PB will wait until 30 days before they do anything like that though.

Who is doing the chemicals-testing and adding?

Look at you!!! You have a pool AND it has water in it!! NICE! Yeah some plasters do that. Some work it out with brushing and some need a little extra help with muriatic acid. Most PB will wait until 30 days before they do anything like that though.

Who is doing the chemicals-testing and adding?

The pool builder is doing the first 30 days. Although I have been testing the water(with the test kit he left me) every day and texting the PH and chlorine to him. Then he recommends what to add or just leave it alone. I probably shouldn't have started that since he has only come by about 3 times since he started the equipment.. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Your pool looks awesome! We have Wet Edge Primera Stone also with some mottling/uneven spots. Sending you a PM.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on my inbox!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.