New build, Houston (Cypress), Tx

BoDarville said:
cbink said:
Let there be fire!
Between this and the slide, you are two steps closer on the road to completion. :goodjob:
Thanks! We nearly didn't do the fire pit. My wife joked last night that it will be the main reason for us getting fat (especially over winter) as it's already had s'mores on it several times!

Plaster today, acid wash then filling tomorrow, then out comes the :testkit: to check the water chemistry and get it balanced! Nearly there!!

KenGood said:
You know, I bet your wife can take pictures with her cell phone and she can message them to you and then you can post them so we can see them.
I just spoke to her and she just spoke to our PB. Apparently our plaster is now being done tomorrow and they are instead doing further cleanup and grading today so that nothing gets damaged or marked in the process.
Really wanted to see the plaster go in today. Wee bit frustrated but it's only a day I guess.

My language was a little stronger than that...! I've not had a good weekend - my son is sick and we spent yesterday at ER (toxic synovitis - not serious though they scared the heck out of us first) and I've had a bad morning at work with a client being a royal PITA...

Think I need to step out and drink some coffee...

cbink said:
Eeeek. Don't envy that conversation!

They came and did all the rest of the cleanup and yard grading today. All set for plaster tomorrow now.

It actually went pretty well. We are racing to do all of our tax returns for last year. Today was the final deadline for the two corporate returns and next month is the deadline for the personal return. Because of some special events last year, we are getting a pretty good tax refund this year. The accountant was advocating that we give it to the government toward next year. I was like- "No way. Don't you know we are building a water park!" We will not be applying it towards next year.

Haha, it's going into the pool fund instead!

I got stung hard by the IRS when I moved here from the UK but that's a story to be told over a beer as it involves FBAR and not knowing I had to tell the IRS I had foreign accounts since I'd left the US when I was 6 months old. Yep, still bitter about that one as it was purely a paperwork fine. I didn't owe any tax.

They've been a bit kinder to me since.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It is just beautiful! I know you are so pleased knowing that tomorrow you can finally realize the end of your dream by putting water in the pool. It turned out really great. You should be very proud. Thanks for letting me be a part of this journey. Congratulations!

Thanks Ken! Enjoyed sharing it! All of the build threads really helped me in the design process plus I just think its cool to watch!

Tomorrow acid wash and fill. We're also going to the concrete overlay warehouse to make final choices on our decking (we have our pattern and have narrowed down colors just need to make final decisions).

PB replaced my hose as one of the crews ruined it. Nice to not have to ask him to do that, he asked if his crew had done it and went and got me a quality replacement.

Not long now!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.