New build- Frisco Texas. Little yard little pool

Ozone does very little to sanitize the pool when it is on and nothing to sanitize the pool when it is off.

I am in season 5 with salt and OK flagstone with no visible erosion attributable to salt to my flagstone or my pool deck. I do have some flagstone with some pretty significant erosion but it isn't near my pool. Stone that is going to erode will do so with or without saltwater near it. More info in my build thread, link in sig.

More here on UV and Ozone, Alternative sanitizers and pools--The Truth!!

I am definitely doing SWCG having struggled in the past with Chlorine only pools, and my stone around my pool is going to be Shell Stone, I am guessing that Salt will have zero affect on that stone, since its origins are from a salt water environment.

That's the plan anyway

i lived in carrollton, i'll tell you my experiences.

offset the pool, and leave grass. my major issue with dfw area are the little yard with tall walls. my kids had no where to play, and we hated the closed in feeling. pool was centered so we had no big grass area.

ozone is a waste of money. If you don't do salt you're stuck doing liquid chlorine every day or so, or tablets which wreck havoc on all your other chemistry levels. i did a salt cell with flagstone, and honestly i had more corrosion with tablets and pool store advice than i ever did with a salt cell. I do/did liquid chlorine but as soon as my new cell is fixed i'm going back to salt.

i lived in carrollton, i'll tell you my experiences.

offset the pool, and leave grass. my major issue with dfw area are the little yard with tall walls. my kids had no where to play, and we hated the closed in feeling. pool was centered so we had no big grass area.

ozone is a waste of money. If you don't do salt you're stuck doing liquid chlorine every day or so, or tablets which wreck havoc on all your other chemistry levels. i did a salt cell with flagstone, and honestly i had more corrosion with tablets and pool store advice than i ever did with a salt cell. I do/did liquid chlorine but as soon as my new cell is fixed i'm going back to salt.

Strong words. TX builders are ready to dispute this and argue with you. One of the big builders actually said "I know you want SWCG, but X company builds X kind of pool and we are well known for high quality so we need to stick to a cookie cutter X company pool", one of the top rated builders in the area too. I was floored. I said "OK, I'll let you know if I am interested." Never called him back, just complete waste of my time.

I met with 7 PBs, 4 thought I was insane, 3 wanted me to go ozone but would do Salt.

"I'll do Salt if you don't call me in 3 years crying your pool is destroyed." This guy uses a 3 tier system: Ozone +Chlorine + Nature 2 Minerals. Unreal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.