New Build Forney, TX (Dallas)

Well folks can someone make the rain go away so we can swim this summer! Geez this process is dragging out.

Decking- I'm going with Fossil beige Cambridge cobbler three-piece pavers. Also doing a charcoal border around the edging.
5.18- crushed rock and base compacted.
5.18- rain. No work... Again
5.19- spreading all the sand getting things level and making it ready for pavers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Kim. Hope it turns out and matches. Sub told me not many people go with such a dramatic border that's dark, but went on to say "your a rebel" and it's going to look awesome! And, to go with your first choice and don't second guess based on what all the followers are doing We shall see.

Well the decking is coming along slowly. I hope once they get it down and run the compactor over the top it will smooth out more.
I was wanting stamped concrete but was apprehensive for a couple reasons.
- cracking, I was so worried about everything cracking and looking bad as time goes on.
- ability to repair and match the existing stain.
- adding on deck later on and not being able to match.

Anyway I'm happy with the look, once they are done I'm going to seal it. Just not sure if I'll use color enhancement, mat finish, or high-gloss. Any suggestions or pics of your projects?

Well everyone sorry for the delay with posts. As most do we have encountered a problem with the installation of the decking.

Basically they got the pavers laid and ready for sanding the joints. I chose Techniseal HD 2 Polymeric. This product requires a specific application where it is brushed in, agitated with the plate compactor, process repeated, and blown off with a leaf blower. Then the water starts with a light mist for 30 seconds on each area and repeated to two to three times while not creating puddles.

The installer sanded it one time brushed it in and immediately started flooding it. The result was as follows:
Sand did not get down in the cracks all the way.
Way too much residual sand on the "shoulder" of the pavers
Flooding creating a polymer haze on the pavers.
It looks BAD!

So I have asked them to remove all the sand and do it over in accordance with manufacturers recommendations.

All they are telling me is we're going to get it taken care of, it's going to be done right, I will make sure it's fixed etc etc bla bla bla.

I have been very nice up to this point but I've asked them about it 3 to 5 times and I'm not getting clear answers on the specifics of the correction. Since this is polymeric joint compound, it is now hard as rock.

Are there any paver people out there that can give a recommendation?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The pavers are beautiful! I'm SO SORRY you are having issues with your deck install and not getting a good response on plans to make it right. I feel your pain as I am in a similar, but different, bad deck install repair/mess. Hopefully, they will give you a solid plan for how they are going to "make it right" and actually do it the way it is supposed to be done!

My gut says brush this way and that way. The purpose of brushing to it get the plaster dust off of the plaster and to help expose the beads and such.

Here is our link to new plaster. Run it by your PB as he is the one holding the warranty card so.......

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Do you have your test kit yet? Let us know which one he gives you so we can fill in any holes it might have.

Kim:cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.