New Build - Finish Discoloration?

Bfisher79

Mar 9, 2023
Oviedo, FL
Hi, we're about 23 days in our 28 day startup period for our pool and I've noticed a pretty significant spot in the deep end where the finish is lighter than the surrounding areas. We had PebbleTec Signature Matrix in Laguna Blue installed (which to me looks waaaay darker than the example photos, so already not too happy) and the area has not gotten any better with daily brushing. If anything it seems to have gotten more obvious. I've raised this with our PB and they said it's on their punchlist to be addressed, but I'm concerned about what the options are to fix it. Would this require draining the pool to fix? What's the potential cause- poor installation, chemical imbalance, etc? Thanks for helping out the newbie!

Attachments

• IMG_7933.jpg
    IMG_7933.jpg
    463.4 KB · Views: 42
Welcome to TFP.

That looks like a minor cosmetic imperfection. No plaster pool is perfect.

I would not let your PB to do an acid wash to try and make it better. An acid wash will remove a layer of plaster from your entire pool and reduce the life of your plaster.

With that dark in finish, surprised you are not seeing more like it. Very normal to have coloration variances. Entire plaster color will lighten up some, morph, over time, and agree, stay away from any acid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.