Robertmsiegel

Aug 29, 2022
Palm beach gardens, fl
Working on selecting a contractor for a new pool build. Pool will be about 14.5K gallons in SE Florida with two 12" sheer decent waterfalls, no spa. Narrowed down the equipment (based off of this sites recommendations) for Pentair products, but a couple of the builders only use Jandy. Any help identifying equivalent Jandy equipment would be appreciated.

• Pump - Intelliflo VS2 (model #011056)
  • Filter - Clean & Clear Plus CCP420 (model #160301)
  • Gas Heater - MasterTemp 400K BTU (model #460736)
  • Automation + SWCG - IntelliCenter, IntelliChlor "IC-40," and two actuators (model #521903)
Thanks,

Robert.... helloooooo! Welcome to TFP :handwave:

I too would prefer Pentair over Jandy if only just because Jandy is so picky about requiring all installations be done by the builder. That's just annoying. I think Pentair is more common here than Jandy.

I'd ask your builder if he's willing to install and warranty Pentair.... and if not, decide how important it is to you?

How are you planing on chlorinating your pool? I'd strongly recommend a Salt Water Chlorine System (SWG).

@Jimrahbe is my go to Pentair guy to check your specific choices for equipment. I'll let him chime in.

Maddie :flower:

Robert,

I am a big fan of Pentair equipment. If I had to rank brands it would be Pentair, then Jandy, then Hayward.

I really have no hands-on experience with Jandy, so I can't point you to a specific replacement model.

Sorry,

Jim R.

Working on selecting a contractor for a new pool build. Pool will be about 14.5K gallons in SE Florida with two 12" sheer decent waterfalls, no spa. Narrowed down the equipment (based off of this sites recommendations) for Pentair products, but a couple of the builders only use Jandy. Any help identifying equivalent Jandy equipment would be appreciated.

• Pump - Intelliflo VS2 (model #011056)
  • Filter - Clean & Clear Plus CCP420 (model #160301)
  • Gas Heater - MasterTemp 400K BTU (model #460736)
  • Automation + SWCG - IntelliCenter, IntelliChlor "IC-40," and two actuators (model #521903)
Thanks,

• Pump - Intelliflo VS2 (model #011056) - Jandy VS FloPro 2.7 HP DVA
  • Filter - Clean & Clear Plus CCP420 (model #160301) - Jandy CV460
  • Gas Heater - MasterTemp 400K BTU (model #460736) - Jandy JXI400N
  • Automation + SWCG - IntelliCenter, IntelliChlor "IC-40," and two actuators (model #521903) _ Jandy iAqualink RS8 with Purelink Aquapure SWG

Thank you all for the advice, it’s quite a process to select a builder and all the various details. Thanks @ajw22 for the like-kind products.

No I just have to get a builder with a decent contract and who will include a detailed scope of work to build the vision
If you do go with Jandy, which is good stuff, see if they will install a Pentair VSP. Jandy systems can control them and they seem to be much more reliable than Jandy pumps. Also, easier to repair when they break, and everything breaks eventually.
It always looks good for all the equipment to match but in the long run all a pump has to do is move water and not give you problems.

@1poolman1,

No doubt that Jandy can control the older IntelliFlo pumps. But what about the newer ones, like the IntelliFlo3 and the SuperFlo VS, or even the latest IntelliFlo VSF? I am not sure that capability is being included in the new pump software.

I know they can't switch between VS and VF, but I don't see that as a big deal.

I do not generally recommend using different brands of equipment as it will always be the other guy's fault, when something does not work. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

@1poolman1,

No doubt that Jandy can control the older IntelliFlo pumps. But what about the newer ones, like the IntelliFlo3 and the SuperFlo VS, or even the latest IntelliFlo VSF? I am not sure that capability is being included in the new pump software.

I know they can't switch between VS and VF, but I don't see that as a big deal.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jandy told me they will control the new pumps, but I haven't seen it. EDIT-I did install a Jandy to an Intelliflow XF earlier this year. The customer bought all the equipment (somehow got the wrong Jandy RS, I had to get the RS6-2 dual equipment chip) and I just did the install with the iQ20. It worked well. Wasn't the really new Pentair wifi stuff.

I never include a SuperFlo/SuperPro VSP in any discussion as A.) I don't sell them, I prefer a high-head pump for filtration and B.) They are a strange "animal." Without that very expensive and elusive communication cable they require (and that depends on when the pump was manufactured) I can't make them work with other automation and sometimes not even with Pentair's.

Never cared for the VF option and only ever set one pump up that way as the customer requested it for some reason that I don't remember, probably a "turnover rate."

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.