New build - Buffalo NY

Yeah, I'd say no bueno on that shrinkage crack around the return. Should be a pretty easy fix for the plaster guy.

How long did it take to fill the pool?

When did that crack show up?

Are you on a well?

Pool is still filling, started yesterday at 4pm EST. There are several other cracks along the steps. The plaster company knows and is going to be out monday to fix it. The plaster job in general around all the returns is quite poor and I'll be making sure they know that when I talk with them. I still owe the PB 10% and I'll be withholding that until things are fixed to my liking.

And no not on a well. I'm about 5min from Niagara Falls, I've got fresh water for days :D

Backcharge 'em for the water on the refill. Ha! Glad they come back quickly for a fix.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How did they fix those areas? Have any pictures?

I didn't grab pics, wasn't here when they were here. My wife said the guy commented that they did a poor job(just what I want to hear) and she said he fixed more than just the cracks. The pool was almost completely empty(~20k gallons) when I got home from work. The biggest problem area pictured above should still be above water in the morning, I'll snap a pic before work. It looked like they just filled it with more plaster.

Whew, got there just in time

Whats the consensus on how long to run the pump 24/7 to control plaster dust and other startup debris? The PB said I should run 24/7 thru the rest of the year(I'm targeting early Nov to close the pool). That seems a little excessive to me but I'm fine with it if that's what it takes.

That vac-lock fitting is upside down and I'm very sorry to say but that looks like a pretty poor plaster job.

The pump needs to run 24/7 until there is no more plaster dust. Anticipate this taking about a month but could easily be more or less. There really isn't any way to know for sure.

Probably the last 80 degree day we'll see in upstate NY so I took the day off to swim and enjoy the pool

Water is crystal clear, pump is running at 2400rpm and I think it might be time to step it down a bit.

The wood stakes are future fence posts, fence should be here next week and I'll be installing myself. Got grass seed down around the one side, still not sure what I'm doing on the other side between the pool and fence.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.