New build, 27ft round above-ground in Canada

She's up! And FULL of water!! I tried to get the pics to load and they were too huge, and then I gave up until now :) I'll post in a few! The water is JUST approaching the skimmer now, so we're anxiously awaiting to see that the pipes don't leak :) And then tonight we'll finally be able to turn the pump/filter/heater on, now that our water is high enough. We've been slowly filling with our well water since Friday. And, of course, our water has some trace iron in it so the water is a lovely shade of transparent green!

She's up! And FULL of water!! I tried to get the pics to load and they were too huge, and then I gave up until now :) I'll post in a few! The water is JUST approaching the skimmer now, so we're anxiously awaiting to see that the pipes don't leak :) And then tonight we'll finally be able to turn the pump/filter/heater on, now that our water is high enough. We've been slowly filling with our well water since Friday. And, of course, our water has some trace iron in it so the water is a lovely shade of transparent green!

Awesome!!! Glad it's because you were busy not because you were in mourning.

Walls up....for the second time :grrrr: We had to retape a ton of the seams, as the duct tape sat in the sun and rain for over a week and was just peeling right off. Every little slight breeze or off-white cloud was giving us flashbacks of the first build!!

NmM3R29.jpg

No pictures of the liner going in (it was just my husband and myself, at 5.5 months pregnant, so no spare hands to snap a photo of that part!! ;) )
PwrYasv.jpg

Two excited little muffins waiting for their pool to fill! They eventually made a couch out of patio cushions...we filled from our well over a 4 day period, so they lost interest (rather quickly ;) )

aFzJHz8.jpg

Uprights and top rails going up! This makes the pool feel a tad more stable!

nbE6v0b.jpg

Bring on the WIND!! We were getting gusts of 30-50mph out of nowhere, and were having bad flashbacks of our pool falling down the week before, so we did what we could while we waited for the water to fill....

2chQBVA.jpg

And...she's full of water!! The level is JUST about at the skimmer now, so as mentioned we will be turning on the heater and pump and filter tonight. There is iron in our water (super trace amounts, we weren't concerned about it, but in lieu of a filter we chucked a bottle of bleach in last night and this morning...lovely transparent green :)) Our TF-100 came yesterday so we are eager to test and swim!

ykkBtnH.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome!!! Glad it's because you were busy not because you were in mourning.
Us too! I'd have eventually posted a photo of the pool materials in a huge bonfire ;)

STEPH!!!!!!!!!!! You did it! You REALLY did it!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE the circle of wind breakers! NICE idea!

The little muffins watching their pool fill. OH SO CUTE! Do cushions EVER stay where they start? NOPE! The best times and memories start with cushions and sheets LOL

OH happy day!

I am going looking for a thread about how to filter for the iron in the water. You can look in youtube also. There are cheap, easy ways to do it.

Kim (I am SO happy for you!)

It still doesn't feel real, like any minute it's just going to collapse (hahahah). I was reading a bit about the iron, and we just tested FC, CC and pH with our TF-100...FC - 0.5ppm, CC 0.5ppm (the colours went from pink to clear with just one drop for both), and the pH looks to be at 7.8. I think we're going to start the filter tonight and then test again tomorrow, but obviously we need to bring the pH down, the FC up and get the filter going. BUT what I read about the iron is that the chlorine is going to bring out the colour more vividly :) So, yes, tonight is a night of reading!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.