New Aquapure cell and sensor. Reading salt level of 6700??

Sep 17, 2010
Campbell, CA
hi All,
I have a Jandy Aquapure 1400 salt cell that has worn out after 4.5 years. I just bought a replacement and a new sensor - R0452500. Before I changed it the old sensor was reading a salt level of 6700 - "good time to replace it all" was my thought. I just finished replacing the cell, the new power cable, and the sensor. It shows again a reading of 6700 and is showing the "service" light. I did a water test with my taylor kit and it showed a salt reading that was what I expected, 3200. The water is about 59 degrees right now. I know that temp throws off the salt reading, but I did not think it would be 3500 over the actual.

Are there any suggestions? Some more details, I have the external Aquapure power center with the box and the "sticker" covering the front and the opening to the front board. The house was just painted and I noticed that he might have gotten a little carried away with the pressure washer and there is a tear in the sticker covering the LED's. I don't actually remember how long the salt has read as 6xxx - could there be water damage to the board and this caused the erroneous reading?

Troubleshooting - Front Board

Disconnect the flow salinity temp sensor from the front board.

Press and hold the test buttons marked salinity and R-temp.

While still pressing the test buttons press the ‘Salinity’ key (‘C’) on the front cover of the unit.

The LCD should read 2.8 gpl*.

While still holding the two front board test buttons press the ‘Pool Temperature’ key (‘D’).

It should read 75° F or 24° C.

Next, press and hold the board ‘H-Temp’ test button, and at the same time press the ‘Salinity’ key (‘C’) together with the ‘Chlorine Production Rate’ arrow down key (‘A’) on the front cover of the unit.

The LCD should read 91° F or 33° C .

If the readings are correct then the front board is O.K. and the problem is with the flow sensor.

On the other hand if the readings are different then it indicates that there is a problem with the front board.

When the testing and repair is complete reconnect the flow sensor and reset the internal computer (do this by restarting the unit).

*Note: If the the salinity reading has been recalibrated this reading maybe different.

1703804122768.png

Attachments

• jandy-aqua-pure-error-codes.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
The first number is way off.

You might be able to calibrate it.

If not, the board will need to be replaced.

Salinity Calibration.

Press the “Salinity” button and hold it until it beeps 3 times.

The system will beep when you push it and then at 5 seconds and again at10 seconds.

Release the button after the 3rd beep.

Press and release the “Temperature “ button within 5 seconds to enter the salinity calibration screen.

The system will display the salinity reading, press the up arrow to increase the reading and the down arrow to decrease the reading.

When the proper reading is reached press the “Temperature” button within 5 seconds to store it in memory.

1703878790862.png

Thanks for all the help - I recalibrated it. Now that it is all closed up, I am thinking I should have calibrated it with the sensor disconnected to the default numbers? I calibrated it to my salt level of 3200. Maybe it does not make a difference. Should I be watching of the numbers drift or is there another way to know if the board is bad?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.