New and ready to take a dip

May 14, 2022
Kenmore, WA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
We purchased a serious project house last year. When it isn't raining and we have a moment, we have been scooping out A LOT of debris. I understand six years since the pool was used. Salamander city! We had the electrical done in the house and hooked the pool circuit back up, there is power to the pool controls. The control mechanism is a Compool LX-10 Service Center unit. Power to that, we can flip some buttons, and the Compool VOR 24 valve operator moves.

I am not getting electricity to the pump (WhisperFlo WFE-4 1 HP). We have put the system into service, which should allow the manual controls to be used. There is power in the control panel, the PUMP and CLNR switches are to on, but no power to the pump. Could be a relay?

Anyway, hoping to get things going, get the rest of the salamanders our, and we will keep at the sludge at the bottom of the pool.

Best,
Peter

My pool status:
- working past month to scoop out stuff including garbage can, 40-50 salamanders, etc.
- Got the pump working after bypassing the pool control panel
- bypassed heater with new plumbing, heating unit was rusty, and spewed water from at least three places before bypass
- running pump (1HP)
- pulling out gunk and stirring things to get er done

Questions
- this pump has sat for 6-7 years, I am running it, good water flow to cool, any other concerns?
- "Tub" on the side is extra dirty, can I empty?
- I hear, I don't want to empty everything as pool could pop out, do that transfer to tub portion
(soil is hardpan if that matters)

Anyway, after getting the pump going and bypassing heater, I am more optimistic, Targeting a clean, cold pool in Washington and then I will be asking about pool control options that aren't too expensive

Any advice appreciated,
Peter