rograv

May 9, 2023
New York
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
2nd year pool owner, 1st year was charmed…now I’m finding ways to screw it up. This dummy accidentally added stabilizer to an already over stabilized pool. 40k gallon pool in NY. CYA is 120-130. I tested with my new TF 100 and diluted to get that. FC was around 8. I added liquid chlorine to bring it up to 12.

Can I ride this out and have splashing, Mother Nature lower my CYA over time or do I have to drain. I don’t want to drain, but nothing really preventing it.

Thanks!! Really wish I would have found this sight sooner!

Welcome to TFP! Sorry you found us this way. TFP methods are based upon practice in hundreds of thousands of pools. Look at the member count. The methods of pool care are proven effective.

There is no CYA 65 always round up, so doubled you can’t have CYA 135 it’s 140. CYA greater than 100 is not recommended due to high level of chlorine (FC 10+ ppm) required to keep it sanitized. In addition, pH can not be read accurately with the comparator block when FC is greater than 10 ppm. See the dilemma you are in? Yes, a drain or water replacement would be needed.

How do you chlorinate? How much rain do you get? Is there a lot of overflow?

Thanks for the quick reply. I used tablets last year, will be using chlorine liquid going forward. We get 3-4 inches of rain per month. I’ve never had overflow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.