New AG start up

Poolidiot

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2007
Texas
It has been about 17 years since I did a new pool start up. I tore my old pool down and had a new one installed. Once pool is filled what would be the order and items I would need to do to get all my numbers right? Been apart of this forum from the start of site and was part of Ben old site so I know the process of all this but was not sure the best order to do and to make sure I did not forget something. Thanks.

Test your fill water first, and run the numbers through PoolMath. You can add all the chemicals at the same time EXCEPT muriatic acid and chlorine. Wait at least 30 min between additions of those two.

I'd go ahead and add chlorine and CYA first -- determine the ratio using FC/CYA Levels. Put the CYA in a sock and hang it in front of an outlet. Squeeze periodically to disperse the CYA into the water.

Add the rest of your chemicals when you like. I generally add them while the CYA is soaking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.