New ABG pool

mepcards

Sep 15, 2015
mesquite,tx
As you might know, I had a major rust issue on my 4yr old pool, and was going back in forth on buying a new one, or get a inground pool. Well, we went with a new ABG , and looks like it will be going up next week. Still a little salty that im having to buy a whole new pool and liner, and now pay to have it installed, but thankful ill be able to use my oasis this summer. Now hope the rains hold off, and let the water start to warm...

Reactions: mariane
Still a little salty that im having to buy a whole new pool and liner, and now pay to have it installed, but thankful ill be able to use my oasis this summer
I’m certainly not the first, but I found a amazing way to help ease the sting of whatever is bothering me at the time.
1). Hop on float in pool
2). Enjoy adult beverage
3). Repeat as necessary

Well somehow the water got behind the beaded liner, and inside the inner pool wall. Now could it have been the installers fault? Very possible, for when I talked to my installers, they had another customer who got their pool the same time I did, and they having the same issue, and they live not too far away. My installer was also amazed I was having this issue, for they have been installing ABG pools for over 30yrs, and have seen them last for over 20yrs. All I know is all around the outside of my pool walls, it looks like tiny pinholes, and rust stains running all the way down the bottom of wall from each pinhole. You can run your hand along the inside of pool, and feel the roughness of the walls. Ive been very good at keeping my water level where it needs to be, and anytime we had heavy rain, I would always backwash to lower water level. The funny thing is that its the whole pool, and not just in one area, so maybe the liner had a defect. Now lets hope I have better luck on this pool, and enjoy the summertime festivities. We need some big time warmth to get our temp to where we need it to be..

Reactions: Casey
I'm waiting patiently for a nice warm spell to get my pool liner installed. It was nice when I was waiting for the liner n now that I have it, it's cold.

I'm waiting patiently for a nice warm spell to get my pool liner installed. It was nice when I was waiting for the liner n now that I have it, it's cold.
Believe it not, we had no winter here in Dallas this year, but we keep having these late cold fronts, so one day its nice and warm, then the next day its highs in the 40's..lol....Just like now, a cold front suppose to blow through in a couple of hours, so from 65 to upper 40's by noon...Cant win for lose at the moment..lol...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.